Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, we have the same issue with our 4 month old pup.  She jumps on anyone who walks through the door, including us.  We have been trying to use a spray bottle with water in it.  We spray her and then say NO JUMP.  I am not sure if she is completely making the connection, but she definitely doesn't like to be sprayed.  I hope in time, with the spraying, she will grow out of it.  Good Luck to you!
:D  Sarah

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sarah made a really good suggestion, the spraying with water idea is safe & depending on Sheba she may not like being sprayed & with a little patience & good timing on your part she'll eventually stop her jumping. My youngest is a 8 month old partially deaf terror & she is a big jumper so when she goes to jump I make a fairly loud SHHH sound and she immediately stops. She associates that with ok I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing. I know it may sound ridiculous to some but I watch Cesar Millans The Dog Whisperer on Animal Planet & that's where I got that SHHH sound thing. It seems to get the attention of the dog & makes them switch gears. It's as easy as SHHH and no, try it you never know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, in regards to the spray bottle.  Sheba loves water, she swims at the beach with us and in the pool.  So I think Sheba thinks the spray bottle is a sign she will be swimming soon.  I guess I can try the ignoring thing, and try :twisted:  to be more calm when someone comes over.  Everybody laughs but I know they don't like it.  Thanks I guess I will just keep trying or paint a sign on my door to warn all those who enter be prepared for lots of loving from a jumping boxer.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts