Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm terribly sorry for your loss, but you were so lucky he was with you for 14 years....I recently lost my other boxer back in November to cancer, and I still think about her every day....I feel your pain and I to shed a few tears while reading your post :cry:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. Your story was deeply touching.
You had 14 years with him. That is a lot for a large breed. We had two boxers before Zoe, Diana and Rolfe. Rolfe passed away at six, because he was wrongly treated by a vet. Diana passed away at the age of 11, at home.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Out of curiosity, as I was only thinking of a Boxer dog my aunty had when I was a kid growing up in the 70's the other day, I thought I'd search Google to see what age the oldest boxer dog lived to. There is a mention of 18 years old, but I take it that it can;t be substantiated?

My aunty's dog was called Major. My Aunty called him Major, as he was purchased as a puppy from a Major in the British army, based in Penicuik near Edinburgh in Scotland (UK) in 1960. He was a fantastic dog, exceptional looks, temperament and behaviour. I was born in 1968, and remember him, very well, with fondness, throughout my early years with him and my family staying at the family farm in the 70's. He never once had to wear a collar, he was such a friendly dog, a small raod used to pass through my auty's grandad's farm, that led the way top the local school, and Major would be seen most mornings, waiting on the edge of the path watching the kids go to school, they all knw Major, they loved him and he loved them!! Major mangaed to stay on this Earth until the ripe old age of 17, when in '77 they had to put him down. His old age, I would put down to good genes (apparently the litter was of exceptional quality), and the beautiful fresh air from the Pentland hills and being walked at least 5 miles a day for most of his life. It was a real tough time the day he went from what I can remember. I have never forgotten this great dog, he was an inspiration.
Since then I have had 2 more boxers, Chani, who lived until she was 7, and Tam who was a great dog and lived for 8 years.
Cheers, Spen

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was researching this alot especially when my boy turned 11 on the 4th of this month 14 or 15,but some website,not sure which,I had looked at so many trying to get a sense of hope that my dog will live forever of course, it stated one was 18! My hasn't had any problems yet and I am praying for a few more years!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hello everyone. I lost Zoe this October. She would have been 12 in March. Reading my last post I remembered she was alive at the time and now she is not. I wish she had lived forever.

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
That is a very good sign for Jax :)

Valant will be 12 in February,doesnt run full blast anymore (but like to gallop) and has a soft mass smaller than a very small a pea ( i check him all the time) on his belly that grown a tiny bit but vet is confident its a fat pebble...I dont like it at all.

Besides that,he is one happy pup still!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello everyone. I lost Zoe this October. She would have been 12 in March. Reading my last post I remembered she was alive at the time and now she is not. I wish she had lived forever.
I'm so sorry for your loss. We just lost our 13-year-old guy in September. I still think of him, but instead of intense pain now, I think of him with a sad smile. About a month ago we adopted a rescue boxer, now named Harris, and it has helped us tremendously.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Boxer, Sarge "the Stud" lol. Lived to be 14 years, 4 months and 29 days. He didn't slow down until after 13, then I had to build a special set up steps for him to get up into my jeep. He smiled most of the time, especially when he got to be around people. He was smiling right on up until the last few days be fore he passed. It was really hard when he passed. I cried like a baby. But I know I helped give him a long happy life. He was an awesome dog, like a well behaved child lol. Feb 23, 2008 to July 22, 2022. I always fed him good, it was a mix of good grade kibble and cooked food. He had an egg over easy everyday in his breakfast. He also had bone-broth, chicken, liver and meat mixed with his food at night. Filtered water too. I think that played a role in him living so long.

Dog Dog supply Working animal Carnivore Whiskers
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Fawn
Dog Carnivore Working animal Fawn Dog breed

Attachments

21 - 35 of 35 Posts