Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the vet on Saturday picking up some ear medicine for my Bulldog when I hear a lady talking to the receptionist that her dog was 17 years old. I think that is the oldest dog I have ever heard of. How about all of you? What is the oldest dog that you have seen or heard of?

·
Registered
208 Posts
my family's "okinawan mutt" died last year at at least 18. we adopted her from the pound in okinawa, japan, as a young adult, and she was with our family for almost 18 years.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
We had a rescued mix breed that was 16 when we finally had to put her to sleep. She was very healthy and quite lively till the last year when she started to go down hill. My mom had a peke/? mix that was 17.

·
Registered
208 Posts
we lived in okinawa for almost four years. my baby sister currently lives near tokyo and teaches english to japanese students.

here is the only picture i have of tomodachi (friend in japanese). she was a shiba inu mix, that is practically it's own breed. we've ran into three different families, stationed at different state-side bases, who were in okinawa at three different times, and all brought home okinawan mutts that have all been pretty much indistinguishable from one another.

pancho's mommy- a LAB?!?! that lived to 23?!?! that is incredible, amazing, and unbelievable! seriously, fantastic. your cousin was blessed.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I had a golden retriever who lived to be 17. My black lab will be 13 next month and is still going strong!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
My daucshuand (sp?) lived to be 19 years old. I got her when I was two and she had to be put down when I was 21. so sad.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had my toy sheperd/collie mix put down last year at 18 yrs old still acted like a puppy but one day had a siezure and never came out of it. RIP SACO

·
Registered
175 Posts
At the vet we had a dog that lived til 21..the dr. pretty much cared for that dog its whole life, so we have records of most of its life! It was a little terrier mutt that they adopted from the pound.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts