Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Layla just crossed the rainbow bridge in my arms...on new year`s eve :(

I take some comfort that she wont suffer anymore and will run in the meadows with Marshal and all my other boxers

But right now I am broken.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Aww Martnic, I am so sorry! I know you lost your guy ... not that long ago?? And it seems like your remaining girl ... stayed away from joining her brother as long as she could??

I think, she stayed away from him as long as she could and she felt that now she could go, cuz she felt ... that you would be Ok.

Sorry for your loss and take care. :(

·
Registered
785 Posts
Oh no! I am SO sorry! These losses are never easy but it seems to be worse on the holidays. I am so sorry for your loss but she did go on her way to the rainbow bridge with you holding her so that provided her with such comfort. I know it was very hard for you though. She will still be with you somehow I don't believe God lets a love like this just die we stayed connected for the rest of our lives and look forward to a reunion when our time comes.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I remember joining this board after you lost another and then took both those senior dogs into your home. You gave both Marshall and Layla such a wonderful life in their late years. It shows how adopting seniors can be so fulfilling. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Run free now Layla .

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I still tear up thinking about it all (hell, I still tear up thinking about my previous babies) still seniors cant wait so I am already on the hunt for 1 or 2 more seniors...I am retired now (early 50`s :p) so I have no restrictions on whether they are anxious or any behavioral problems (they all can be fixed with time patience and love)

Reactions: Lindar51

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Thanks all. I still tear up thinking about it all (hell, I still tear up thinking about my previous babies) still seniors cant wait so I am already on the hunt for 1 or 2 more seniors...I am retired now (early 50`s :p) so I have no restrictions on whether they are anxious or any behavioral problems (they all can be fixed with time patience and love)
Aww God Bless you man! I was wondering what your plans going forward were?? But of course it's much to soon ask??

It takes a special to Foster and or adopt anyway. But to take on seniors (who sadly often do find themselves in need of home ... ) kicks up a notch!

I don't think I could do the senior thing myself?? Now of course if I "found," a dog in need on an outing or something ... that's a bit different. Take Care.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Layla just crossed the rainbow bridge in my arms...on new year`s eve :(

I take some comfort that she wont suffer anymore and will run in the meadows with Marshal and all my other boxers

But right now I am broken.
Aww..Im so sorry for your loss. I know you must be devastated 💔

·
Registered
14 Posts
So sorry for your loss! Each one takes a little piece of our hearts with them! 😔 We lost our “Grand puppy” Henry six months ago. We are still so terribly sad.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I’m sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking to say the least…

1 - 13 of 13 Posts