Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby just called, he is running a 13 mile marathon in Hyde Park in October. Hes running for the Blue Cross Animal Charity, and they asked him if Zulu was going too, he said yes and enrolled him too! 8O  8O

Does anyone have any tips on what i should make sure Zulu gets before going? Hes got an outward hound hydropac already? Hes max walks to date are about 6 miles so i guess i'll have to walk double just to get him used to it 8O

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I am not a runner, but Zulu will need to be trained just like your husband.  Why doesn't he start taking zulu for short runs of a couple miles?  He should include Zulu in his training program so they will both be ready ;)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I just wanted to say that picture is toooooo funny!!!!!  13 miles is kind of long...but the weather will also play a part in that too...:)

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Knowing the weather over here it will be cool :lol:

OMG - definatly, Zulu will be part of the whole training, and they will build up to a long run like once a week.

I'll be in the park anyways so if Zu gets tired or goes into "i'm not moving one one inch mode" i'll go get him and he can sleep it off under the trees at the finish line with me. Thats if he gets that far, if i think it will be too much for him i wont let him go. The dog that is . . . :lol:  :lol:

Thanks for the tips guys, I have a feeling we are gonna need all the tips we can get :D
But we'll keep you posted on the progress, if he goes i'll get a video of him coming across the finish line and collecting his medal! :D  :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts