Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our family is going to our local pound today, I saw that they have 2 boxer pups available for adoption. By local pound I mean I will have to drive for an hour to get there! But I know a boxer is the right dog for us. As a child I have fond memories of our boxer Allee. He was loyal and protective. My best friend!

I hope that one of these pups will be a fit for us. If not I will continue to look for one. I want to rescue one, rather than buy from a breeder. I am not concerned with show quality or blood line, I want a boser because I know what loving, devoted family members they make.

I am soooo excited!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Oh, that's so wonderful!! I'm hoping you come home with a new family member today!!  Please keep us posted and show us pictures!!

Good for you!!

xoxo

Julia

p.s. Welcome from Seattle!!!   :D

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Kudos to you for adopting a boxer from a shelter! There are so many of them out there that need loving forever homes!
Good luck today! Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Good luck with the shelter hunt, but keep in mind there are just as many babies needing homes that are in boxer rescues. If for some reason the shelter doesnt work out maybe try a boxer rescue. Good luck and keep us posted :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hope you are able to bring one of those babies home.  So happy to hear you want to rescue.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum and kudos for wanting to save a Boxer baby..Where abouts are you? We can probably help you in finding a Boxer Rescue as well if it doesn't work out at the shelter....

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome and good luck with the boxer hunt. I brought home a boxer mix from my local shelter today to foster. Hope all goes well for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, they had taken her to the Arizona Home & Garden show, since it was only a 15 minute drive we paid the admission for our family to go see her and hope she was still available. Unfortunately she had already been adopted. Bitter sweet for me. Happy she found a good home, but sad it wasn't with me. I did see one that was about 6 months old at the shelter, but she was not up for adoption yet. She had been brouht in as a stray. I gave them my info and if she isn't claimed they will notify me when she is up for adoption. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
SuziQ\";p=\"115206 said:
Well, they had taken her to the Arizona Home & Garden show, since it was only a 15 minute drive we paid the admission for our family to go see her and hope she was still available. Unfortunately she had already been adopted. Bitter sweet for me. Happy she found a good home, but sad it wasn't with me. I did see one that was about 6 months old at the shelter, but she was not up for adoption yet. She had been brouht in as a stray. I gave them my info and if she isn't claimed they will notify me when she is up for adoption. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Aww, your time will come when you find the perfect baby!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome..and good luck with your search!  :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts