Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long, long time ( and several boxers ago) this was my favorite site on the internet. I made friends here that have lasted throughout the years and loved their babies like my own and spent hours talking about furbabies:discuss: Finally managed to get logged back in and thought I'd come take a look around! Currently my house is full, Angel our rescue flashy fawn, Mysti our beautiful plain fawn and her brother Chase, the naughtiest white boxer on the planet:doh:Can't wait to meet all the new furbabies on here!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Chip18 yup, it's a houseful that's for sure. Angel is older and has severe arthritis but she's a talker so when the daily shenanigans start up between Mysti and Chase (littermates) she's right in the thick of things, woowooing her heart out! It's a little like living in a zoo sometimes:crazy: It's ok though, our beautiful Donner Blitzen and Faline that are in my signature pics were all lost in one year to different forms of cancer. Faline was a puppy mill survivor and came to us as a senior with cancer so we were prepared for that....Donner had a rare form of epithelial cutaneous lymphoma and Blitzen had a rapidly growing stomach cancer. It was the worst year I ever had. So now when these 3 make me crazy I try to remember just how lucky I really am:dance:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I finally made it back! I can't believe that it has been so long since we were here. Many, many hours spent at this site. And people that became friends and honestly saved this stay at home mom from boredom!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hi Chip18 yup, it's a houseful that's for sure. Angel is older and has severe arthritis but she's a talker so when the daily shenanigans start up between Mysti and Chase (littermates) she's right in the thick of things, woowooing her heart out! It's a little like living in a zoo sometimes:crazy: It's ok though, our beautiful Donner Blitzen and Faline that are in my signature pics were all lost in one year to different forms of cancer. Faline was a puppy mill survivor and came to us as a senior with cancer so we were prepared for that....Donner had a rare form of epithelial cutaneous lymphoma and Blitzen had a rapidly growing stomach cancer. It was the worst year I ever had. So now when these 3 make me crazy I try to remember just how lucky I really am:dance:
Hi! Welcome back. Cute pack! Sorry for your losses.
I love the pic of the one standing on her head- Mysti I think.....

This site helps me to keep their daily rituals and craziness in perspective.

We have 3 too, all males. Jax- brindle, Tundra- fawn, Bandit- reverse brindle.
Jax and Tundra are litter mate and are 5 this month. Bandit is about a year and a half. He has the longest tongue and loves to show us his teefers. He's a mess. :)

Jax is our alpha and he's the one to 'correct' the others if they get out of line. Usually like your Angel- a woowoo or two or a 'stop it' growl.

All of our boys are lap dogs and sleep with us, or maybe better put, we sleep until we are out of room and have to find new space. Our boys are well behaved for us, and are spoiled- as we think they should all be. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi!! Yup that's Mysti doing the headstand - the little nut does that allllll the time??? Her brother Chase (the whitey next to her) is unbelievably naughty and a natural born thief. I've had boxers a looooong time and he is one of a kind. I've trained most of ours and they've all (for the most part lol) have been smart and willing and eager to follow the rules. Chase, well...Chase is blissfully unaware that there ARE rules:crazy: However, when there is anything of a serious nature - we had a raccoon in our dog yard a while ago - he is the most "boxer" like of all three. Silent, stealthy and seriously intent on his target. I had to laugh at your comment about bed space, I feel your pain :cry_baby: Angel has bad knees and prefers her dog bed on the floor thank goodness but the other 2 are the biggest bed hogs I've ever seen.

·
Registered
634 Posts
That's funny about Chase's prey behavior! It's funny how different they can all be in training and personality even w/ many of the same boxer traits.

We had a rabbit get into our yard one day. At first I thought it was a squirrel. I happened to look out an saw Jax running, then I realized he was chasing something....that bunny was lucky it found a quick escape. I'm sure Jax thought that was a fun chase.

We have a king bed and a full futon in our room for a while now- the intent was the dogs got the futon. In reality the fur kids end up with most of the room on both. The two bigger boys are Mamma boys and 'little' 85 Lb Bandit starts with Dad and usually ends up with me and the other boys most nights- on one bed or the other.
It's time for us to get a new bed, so we are going to keep the current king and put that where the futon is and get a new king. Walking space will be tighter, but I think we will all sleep better- well, the skin folk will sleep better. :clap:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome back to your old hangout! Your 3 boxers are gorgeous! I too have always had my boxers in bed with me. I know some people are against dogs in bed, but I love having our boxer in bed... even though he snores sometimes and shakes the bed when he is having a particularly active dream. I'm sure you are familiar with these things too!

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Welcome back to your old hangout! Your 3 boxers are gorgeous! I too have always had my boxers in bed with me. I know some people are against dogs in bed, but I love having our boxer in bed... even though he snores sometimes and shakes the bed when he is having a particularly active dream. I'm sure you are familiar with these things too!
Just a point of clarification. :)

The dogs in bed thing (not counting clean freaks) is not in itself a bad thing but it depends on the dog in question?? If you have a typical well adjusted dog without any serious behavioural issues?? Then letting them sleep with you is no big deal. But if you have a dog with uh ... serious freaking issues?? Then they need to be in there crate! And uh if you have never had need of a crate?? If you have a dog with uh issues, it would be time to make that change! I learned that lesson the hard way with my first (GSD) with people issues ... also, worked out well in the long run.:")

But my Boxers assorted Boxer/Pits and American Band Dawg were all bed buddies ...no problem. :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
I understand it's not for everyone. The jerky dream moves, the dream mumbled barks, the snoring...stretching and poking you..laying on/into you....we get all that. The only really bad part...is the gas...when they have gas it can be a very unpleasant surprise. Blankets help some....

·
Registered
634 Posts
Just a point of clarification. :)

The dogs in bed thing (not counting clean freaks) is not in itself a bad thing but it depends on the dog in question?? If you have a typical well adjusted dog without any serious behavioural issues?? Then letting them sleep with you is no big deal. But if you have a dog with uh ... serious freaking issues?? Then they need to be in there crate! And uh if you have never had need of a crate?? If you have a dog with uh issues, it would be time to make that change! I learned that lesson the hard way with my first (GSD) with people issues ... also, worked out well in the long run.:")

But my Boxers assorted Boxer/Pits and American Band Dawg were all bed buddies ...no problem. :)
I know you didn't quote me, but our boys are good and they know their place in the pack. They are spoiled, but well behaved.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My boy is my snuggle buddy either in the bed or in the recliner and my pitty but she usually sleeps with my son but she would rather cuddle momma but a queen size bed just isn't big enough for all 3 of us lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hello! Welcome back! I love all the pics! I have been getting to know my snowball (Im a first time dog/boxer owner)! She shares some theifery traits with your Chase lmao. Im always finding things hidden in her room(den/crate). I never thought i would let my dog sleep with me but I do. I fall more and more in love with this crazy little snuggle bug everyday. I havent checked in here in a while but its been super helpful on my furbaby journey! Heres some pics of Snow!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi there! What a beautiful girlie!!! A 1st time boxer owner? LOL I remember saying to my husband many years ago with our 1st girl Sophie "you wanted this crazy dog and I hope you enjoy her because we are NEVER having another boxer" hahaha joke was on me wasn't it because it's been nothing but boxers ever since :doh: wouldn't trade a minute of it either!!!
PS, LOVE the pic of your girl in the car:clap2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts