Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Once was great, now regression!

685 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  samsonsmom 
#1 ·
So, the past few weeks have been awesome. Cosmo has finally "got it" and started ringing the bells to go outside to potty. Everything was right in the world. Then a about a week ago, he'd just start ringing the bell to just go outside and see if anyone was out there to play with... Then! Yesterday, he just started going to the bathroom in the house again! It's like he's completely forgotten how to ring the bells. He knows going inside is bad, but he did it right infront of me like 5 times.

The only thing I can think of is that we've had alot of people over the house the past couple days, but other than that I can' figure out why he is regressing.

Anyone have any ideas?

#2 ·
lol i had this problem with maverick and had to start all over again with reminding him outside was good to pee and not inside. I saw him pee once but i had guests over or something and didnt handle it in the usual way and didnt take him outside to show him teh proper place. i guess he thought it was okay after that to pee in the house again and he did so for about a good week or two off and on until with a lot of perseverence he got back on track.

#3 ·
Every once in a while we put Baxter on bell restriction for a day or two, because he will ring them every 10 min to go out and play. We have started to put him on a leash, so we have control and take him to potty and then back inside. That way he knows it is just to go potty! He is pretty thick headed though, so ya we are still working on it! Having a big fenced in yard is great, but now he would rather run all day(that would be okay if it wasn't cold and muddy right now!!!!). So enough rambling for me but GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

#4 ·
How old is your puppy, Delila is giving me a problem to although she does ring the bell to go out, about once a day she has an accident. I thought girls were easier to train.

Miss Delila

Mr Ekim

#5 ·
How old is Cosmo now? Pups do tend to have this regression phase they go thru...So it could be just that...Sounds also like Cosmo is using the bell as a way to get attention, so you may have to restrict the bell use for a bit too...Angel a lot of times, makes me think she needs to go out potty, when really she is bored or wants to see what's outside.....But I would rather err on the side of caution, so I take her out.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.