Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if orange peels are dangerous for dogs?  My 3 year old peeled his own orange today and threw away all but one piece.  Jaxon found it and helped himself.  I caught a glimpse of it and tried to get him to give it up, but he swallowed it.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
OMG ROFLMAO at this topic! Our last boxer, Sophie was an orange FIEND  :lol: It used to be a joke in our house, if you wanted to eat an orange you had to lock yourself in a room away from her. Didn't matter if it was the inside or the peel, she LOVED them! Never seemed to hurt her, probably could cause a little acid reflux if it was too much but I wouldn't worry. She lived to be 12 years old and ate alot of oranges along the way =)) Thanks for this post, brought back alot of fond memories.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Oranges aren't harmful to dogs. He may have a small stomachache because he's not used to it, but it won't be anything serious. :)  They are they are scavengers that is for sure :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!!  He has gas..but whether it's from the orange peel or not is to be decided since gas is a usual occurance for him! haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts