Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am cross posting this from Golden Retriever Forum here. It's pretty scary and I figured that you all should know!

Hi Guys,

To all you Orijen feeders. Today a customer came in the shop to bring back a bag of Orijen this formula was the Senior. She has claimed there were large shards of bone chips in the food. So I said well bring the bag in so I could have a look, thinking like really lady? Sure enough there were litterally hundreds of loose bone shards and slivers they are very very sharp. They almost look like maggots. So I went and opened almost every bag of Orijen we have in the shop right now sure enough in the Puppy, LB Puppy, Adult and Senior there were many bone shards and slivers stuck in the kibble and loose in the bag. Some bags from diffrent lot numbers as well. Ironically, there were none in OUR batches of 6 fish but that does not mean they are not there. So if you are feeding Orijen please carefully inspect the pieces of kibble looking for whitish bones pieces. Agian, they are very sharp. I will try to attatch a photo later. We are in Alberta and the plant is about half hour from my place. I have been trying to speak with them all day - they will not return any messages. I am very disappointed to say the least we have completely removed it from a our shelves. I will try and get a few photos later on.

·
Registered
544 Posts
OMG that's scary.  I had Templeton on this food until he became very ill but thankfully he's been on the raw for quite some time.  Origin is suppose to be a 6 star food.  I'm going to call my local pet food supplier to give her the heads up.  Thanks!

·
Registered
544 Posts
So I just got off the phone with the local supplier and apparently someone had returned a bag as well with the same complaint.  They called the rep and apparently the company is claiming something went wrong the one of the machines but it's ok to feed.  IMO I wouldnt be feeding anything with large bone pieces.  Be careful guys!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh dear lord, when will it stop? Thanks for the heads up, I believe there is a couple people on here that do feed that...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Templeton\";p=\"116058 said:
OMG that's scary.  I had Templeton on this food until he became very ill but thankfully he's been on the raw for quite some time.  Origin is suppose to be a 6 star food.  I'm going to call my local pet food supplier to give her the heads up.  Thanks!
It's pretty scary because that was one of the foods that I contemplated putting Steel and Ubi on. Well, my mind has been made up on what ones not to feed them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts