Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone is familiar with Orijen dry kibble and is it worth the extra money?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
When Duke was on kibble (raw fed now) i contemplated orijen, but i believe i turned to Acana after doing a bit of research here and there that it's really rich in protein and if your dog has a sensetive tummy you may end up with upset tummies and soft stool.. other than that i really think acana and orijen are one of the better made brands out there, i mention acana because they are made from the same company, if i had to go back to kibble id feed acana or fromm another solid kibble company

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When Duke was on kibble (raw fed now) i contemplated orijen, but i believe i turned to Acana after doing a bit of research here and there that it's really rich in protein and if your dog has a sensetive tummy you may end up with upset tummies and soft stool.. other than that i really think acana and orijen are one of the better made brands out there, i mention acana because they are made from the same company, if i had to go back to kibble id feed acana or fromm another solid kibble company

Thanks 4paws! Did see that when doing some research about Orijen/Acana same company. Zuke doesn't have a sensitive stomach but he seems to be getting tired of Blue. Zuke also is pretty active so was thinking of getting something with a bit higher protein%.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have fed Leo, my almost 3 year old rescue, Orijen Original for the past year, he was very undernourished and is now a healthy 74lbs, he has done very well on it with no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have fed Leo, my almost 3 year old rescue, Orijen Original for the past year, he was very undernourished and is now a healthy 74lbs, he has done very well on it with no problems at all.

Thanks for the info Sundy!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We feed Acana. Duke loves it and has been doing very well on it for the last 2-3 years.

Thanks sasasola. I actually bought the Acana last night. It was that or Orijen and the price of the Acana fit a little easier in my budget.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Orijen was way out of our budget so we went with Taste of the Wild. Talos does have a sensitive tummy and it's been a game changer. I couldn't be happier with the results and the price is reasonable.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So 2 days on Acana and Zuke loves it. Looks great coming out the other end too.

Was kind of weird he decided 1 day that he just didn't care for BB. He ate it but it usually took awhile and a couple times he would walk over, sniff and turn away. This from a dog that would sit patiently till I put the food in his dish and wouldn't start eating till he gave me a bunch of dog kisses. Funniest behavior I have ever got from any of my dogs during feeding time.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Duke has been on the same flavor (Classic Red) for the last few months and he's still as excited to eat each meal as he was with the first!

They do have a lot of other flavours in the Acana line which is good if you want to switch it up every so often.

Glad Zuke is doing well on it! :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Duke has been on the same flavor (Classic Red) for the last few months and he's still as excited to eat each meal as he was with the first!

They do have a lot of other flavours in the Acana line which is good if you want to switch it up every so often.

Glad Zuke is doing well on it! :)

Thanks sasasola.

I got the one called Heritage Meat Formula. Judging by how long he lasted with the BB, I shouldn't have to change again for a year and a half. lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
I agree, Acana is great! My girl was on the puppy food and is now on the Acana Cobb Chicken & Greens adult formula. She loves it! And it is nice they have different kinds in case they ever do get tired of a specific flavour.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts