Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to what other pets everyone has and how they all do together. This is my Sassy and we just love her to bits. My husband has never been a cat person, but he is so attached to her that when we got Honey he was off working and every time we would talk on the phone he would make sure that Sass was getting her attention and not being neglected LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
We have 3 other dogs and 4 cats. They all seem to get along with the puppy, Kai. One cat likes to play she will chase Kai and then turn and run and he will chase her. I always supervise though. My chihuahuas are older and one is now in poor health bone/joint wise. He cannot walk very well anymore. We are getting new meds for him later today to see if it makes any difference. He does not want to be touched, I guess his body is just in pain now so I hope the new med will help. If not next week we will need to make a decision. WE are not sure of his age, at least 12..we had him that long and he wasn't a puppy when he was given to us. He has poor bones to begin with, we had to give him disc surgery 6 years ago . Oh sorry..I'm rambling guess its on my mind.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have 3 other dogs and 4 cats. They all seem to get along with the puppy, Kai. One cat likes to play she will chase Kai and then turn and run and he will chase her. I always supervise though. My chihuahuas are older and one is now in poor health bone/joint wise. He cannot walk very well anymore. We are getting new meds for him later today to see if it makes any difference. He does not want to be touched, I guess his body is just in pain now so I hope the new med will help. If not next week we will need to make a decision. WE are not sure of his age, at least 12..we had him that long and he wasn't a puppy when he was given to us. He has poor bones to begin with, we had to give him disc surgery 6 years ago . Oh sorry..I'm rambling guess its on my mind.
I'm so sorry to hear your boy :( I hope the new meds make him feel better!

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have 3 dogs (black lab, boxer, and one of those hybrid bichon-shiztuz ), 3 parrots (congo African grey, cockatiel, lovebird) a cat , a snake and lets not forget my sons hermit crab. All of my animals except the Congo Grey, Lab and Shichon are rescue animals

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Wyatt and penny a 13 years old min pin. Neither dogs bothers the other one. However if wyatt gets too close to penny she might just bark and bite his head off! He steps back and gives her a look like whoa b!tch!

Here's a pic of them after living together for 2 weeks ImageUploadedByPetGuide1416514643.048780.jpg (closest they've ever been!)

Here's one a little over a year later (after the old lady had her acl repaired ImageUploadedByPetGuide1416514706.067975.jpg

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have two boxers Max and Molly. Three rescue cats Luvy, Milo and Harley. They are kept separate from the dogs. My mom just moved in with two small dogs. We are working on introduction. My mom is afraid my dogs will eat the little ones.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Besides Jackson, I have two other rescues, a 9 year old toy poodle named Sunny, and a 6 year old (?) maltese/westie (?) named Maddie. Maddie, all 11.5 lb. of her is head dog - lol! Jackson may beat her to a toy they're chasing after, but Maddie will almost always come back with it - lol!
Jackson 10-30-14.jpg Jackson

Maddie.jpg Maddie

Sunny Caught Playing in the Laundry 6-29-14.jpg Sunny

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have 13 month old Cooper and that's it. I lost both my 16 year old mixed doggies this year within 6 months apart. Thinking of another dog but maybe will wait until Cooper is a little older. ImageUploadedByPG Free1416587443.187476.jpg

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
LOL I just looked at this post and saw where I was worried about one of my chihuahua's..Well update..he recovered from whatever was going on and is his normal self. This guy always fools me, and comes back...Thats cause he is a mean one....not to my family but anyone else. LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's always a dog and a cat for me. Currently, I have 2 dogs (a boxer and a german shepherd) and a cat, which I found near a dumpster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A quick update. My sister moved to another country and she couldn't take her cat with her. I decided to help and here it is.

Her name is Luna. She's adorable and very sociable, she made friends with my pets quickly. The only problem I had with her was finding a proper food bowl. But gladly I came across the page on catademy about finding a proper one. I would recommend reading this for anyone with feeding issues.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts