Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... I don't think I've posted this video before... I know we've posted pics. It's crazy this video I made is pretty popular on youtube... mainly by ferret lovers of course.

Oh this was taken at the house we were RENTING in OK. I would not put carpet that color in my house!!

There are 6 in the video... we got up to 8 at one point... now down to 7. Reagan is the SUPER FAT white one! We no longer have him or Max... he's the big dark one... pushing the kitten kibble around the kitchen floor with his nose!

They're so silly... like boxers! Max loved plastic bags and the others mostly enjoyed playing in them. Max would DRAG the plastic bag around with like 2 to 3 ferrets goofing off inside! They are amazing animals with completely different personalities!

·
Registered
977 Posts
I love the way Reagan sticks his nose down the tube and then "Nope - i'm just not gonna fit! :? " :lol:  I must admit i am finding them a lot cuter since you explained they get 'de-stunk' :wink:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
They sure look like a bunch of characters!  :lol:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
caillou\";p=\"93434 said:
I love the way Reagan sticks his nose down the tube and then "Nope - i'm just not gonna fit! :? " :lol:  I must admit i am finding them a lot cuter since you explained they get 'de-stunk' :wink:
LOL Yeah... Reagan was our FAT butt... but because of it... he was the biggest cuddlebutt which is a big deal for ferrets. They don't cuddle... they've got to many thing to terrorize! lol And yeah... he SERIOUSLY did NOT fit in the tubes!! He did prior and did after he lost some weight but yeah... he wanted to play in them soooo bad... just didn't fit!

Thanks for all the great comments everyone!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
we had 2 ferrets when the hubby and I first got married. Their owner went to jail....so they came to stay with us. I thought they were cool stinky little guys. but one had a hankering for my husband's arm hair. which ended up making my husband scared of them.
read this carefully: He jumped up on the foot stool of the recliner to get away from them. My 6'2 husband...prancing around on a foot stool, trying to get away from these eensy little ferrets.

no, he has not lived that down. infact, I wish I had a video of it to watch every day! lol classic!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Awwww!  I used to have one and he was de-scented.  He never, ever, ever bit me, but my mom used to have to call me before she came downstairs to do laundry and make sure he was locked away.  Seems she went down their once and he bit the back of her leg.  She hated him after that!  My old b/f used to sit on the couch and the ferrett would come from underneath, go through the back of the couch, bite him in the back and then hide under the couch again.  Maybe he was trying to tell me something.  LOL ...

·
Registered
537 Posts
My mom has a pair of them and they are NOT de-scented. They are pretty smelly, but I love to watch them play. You can never have just one...hmmm...kinda like Boxers I suppose...Although sadly, I cannot afford another Boxer.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I am soo tempted to get a ferret!! I really want a white one to go along with my little trend. But i dont think i would be able to handle 3 dogs, 1 hedgehog and 1 ferret in this house, along with schooling. Lol i will defidently eventually get one.. Adorable Clip of your furts!! they are soo adorable

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wow...very fun! I had a friend in New Mexico who had one "Ricki ticki ferret" was his name...he was a blast! But, my hubby can't stand them...says they are dirty and messy...don't know where he got that...

So, do you just make sure Odin is out when they are playing? Or is he pretty good with them...

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
OMG Marie thats a RIOT !!!!!!!!!!!

when Dekaris was a baby we had a sable, a white and a kitten and the 3 played jsut like that !! they didnt know she wasnt a ferret and she didnt know they werent kitten it was funny !!!

but those 2 STOLE EVERYTHING !!!! keys jewelery, pacifiers !! you name it...haha

here in hawaii we have mongoose like mass has squierrels..its weird !!!! the mongoose look exactly like ferrets (same family) but they are all light brown...its so weird to see them just walking around...cute little things but uhmm ya dont wanna get near them ! lol

i want another ferret or 2 but not until we are mainland..

did you ge them descented? is it legal there? in ok ? or around there? i know in mass they were illegal to have when i had mine so they both stunk!! i bought that shampoo that totally took the stink away but only for 2 days and then had to use it again..big pain in the a**

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sharonL\";p=\"93723 said:
Well I put this on the other ferret thread before I saw yours, but do you know anything about that Ferret and Dove rescue in P'Cola??
Yeah, I know it exsists but haven't been there... I want to though... I'm afraid if hubby went he'd RESCUE THEM ALL! How do you know about it? Well I guess you're really not that far away...  :D

They are only illegal in CA now. They are all s/n and descented. Mind you they still have a slight musky smell to them but a bath can fix that. There is also something called Bi-Odor that you add to their water and it helps cut down on smell in their poop and urine. Another way to keep the smell down is to not feed them kibble with FISH in it. Just like our boxers... there is better food to feed than just "whatever".

Odin plays with them through the cage. We didn't let them interact when Odin was young like we should have so hubby is scared he'd hurt them... even just by accident. Though one time... I crated him (his crate was in the living room at the time) and let the ferrets out. WELL... they all went in the crate... cuz' they can fit through lol and Odin didn't know WHAT TO DO!! Oh it was hilarious!

We have a couple of ferrets like some of you stated... out of the 9 total that we've owned... one will nip at your leg/ankle. It's just cuz' she wants you to pick her up... trying to get attention though, Farrah. Fritz is the crazy one that nips at your back if he's in the couch... he's only done it twce though! I don't know if it's because we learned quickly or he stopped. lol

They don't come to there names BUT 4 of them do respond to a squeaky toy. Specially Eowyn... if I hold it above my head she will come running from the OTHER end of the house... climb up my pant legs, shirt, shoulder... arm... anything to get to the squeaky toy. She was our first and the only one I ever taught to do tricks. Nothing super special... just a figure 8 through my legs... roll over... jump over my arm... etc.

I wish I had a video of when they'd get bath time... I had a couple of "otter ferts". They'd snorkel around UNDER WATER... I LOVE IT... only 3 out of the original 8 would do that though!!!

Okay... I think I replied to everyones questions and comments. Oh I know they are suppose to be larger in Europe... or if you get them from a breeder here. Marshall farms s/n's them at 5-6 wks old. If you wait till they are older to s/n them they can be twice as big... easy!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts