Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we are going to be switching back from flyball to agility.  Flyball has been really fun, but I really want to get Hanna back on course to her competitive agility.   So next week we start a class that is in a series of three 5 week classes.   This is the real deal and I am nervous but at the same time excited that we will be working toward our ultimate goal of competition!!!    Here is out class outline!

Agility Teamwork I

For: Dogs and/or handlers who have taken Obedience for Agility or dogs and/or handlers who understand use of a clicker, targets and have strong obedience skills

What we teach in this class:

Introduction to all obstacles at low heights
Introductory jumping skill exercises
Elementary handling skill exercises
Establishing performance criteria
Reinforcement of flatwork & obedience skills

Agility Teamwork II

For: Dog and handler teams who have taken, or have proficiency in skills taught in, Teamwork I.

Advancement of contact, jumping & weave skills
Advancement of handling skills
Reinforcement of performance criteria

Agility Teamwork III

For: Dog & handler teams who have taken Teamwork II or who are already competing

Continued advancement of contact, jumping & weave skills
Continued advancement of handling skills
Reinforcement of performance criteria

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ashley starts agility with Tyson next week and she is so excited!!!  I am too!  I hope she really gets into it.

Scott

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That looks like a pretty intense schedule Heather...You and Hanna will be great  :) Lol, no wonder you don't have time for a third Boxer......I wish we had that kind of stuff available around here, without having to drive like 2 hrs

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Looks pretty hectic but also fun.  Wish Kiah seemed excited about agility but she really had no interest.  Maybe now that she is older, I will try again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi HannaBanana,
  we are from South of Boston as well, living in Brockton.
Our boxer Leila is 9 months old, and has a lot of energy. We would love
to get her into agility training as well.  Where do you take your boxers
for training?

Leila and family..

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are at Wonderdogs and Friends.  Our classes are all over down the Cape for Privates as well as South Shore - Pembroke, Duxbury area.

There is a great training school in Brockton I think - I have the info at home will post tonight for you!!!  Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've been wanting to look into that for Bruce, I think he'd enjoy it, but who knows...thanks for the reminder, I'm going to try to find somewhere around here to do it.

Good luck Hanna!!!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also at 9 months you most likely will be doing light agility and or more foundations work.   Good schools will not do much jumping or equiptment with dogs that are young and still growing.  However tunnels, weave poles smaller non-joint related stuff is fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts