Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Hi! Just an update.

I feel really guilty, it feels like we've been poisoning him since he came to us :( but now he seems to be a little healthier. We are also feeding him raw chicken wings in the morning which seems to be working.

Thank you all again for your help!
Aww don't sweat it! You had concerns and sought answers! That is what you do as a "responsible" pet owner! Your doing fine! :)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Fiona jad such a sensitive tummy. We went tjroigh 4 vets, tons of different foods and a lot of heartache before we found ehat worked. Good for u for figuring it out. It isnt always easy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys this is so great! Totally heartwarming to have so many great responses, thank you so much - you totally confirmed what I was thinking. This vet - seriously - she also suggested we overfeed him the amount of food for a 15kg puppy, which is terrible in my book! I was so surprised when she didn't test him for anything - she said the bloody stool wasn't concerning and after reading up just a little it sounds like, with a history of eating poop, he could have giardia. I've only seen blood in there once and I think it could have been something he ate maybe? We are also going to order some Acana definitely!

I've added in some more pictures here so you can see - let me know if he looks skinny to you? Thank you all so much for your help.
Dog looks fine ... can't see hips or spine , his frame is fine, by 2 which he would be by now he will fill out , 6 months is such a dangly stage for boxers , all breeds usually,

21 - 23 of 23 Posts