Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we took Odin to Petsmart last night and there was a man there with a very pretty white female boxer. I asked how old she was and he said a year. He then asked about Odin and whether or not he was neutered. I said no and why we were waiting to neuter him. He then proceeded to ask us about breeding and basically asked if we wanted to breed him with his white boxer!!!? He even asked if we had papers on him... like that mattered with him breeding a white boxer and all!! What I was telling hubby is that she looks like she's already had a litter, her breasts/nipples were big and saggy... not like she was pregnant but like her pups have already been weened. He said she just went through her first heat and that he was going to spay her after her second...??? Is that why her nipples were so big maybe? I've always had girl dogs but never big dogs... it really made me sad. That would be at least two people that I've run into that are breeding white boxers...

I also ran into some one at the dog park a couple of weeks ago... very interesting trip. Anyway... he had a 9 month old white boxer boy. He said he got him from his brother because his brother breeds them. Said that the sire was a white boxer!!???? At first I was talking to him about the forum... but after I heard that I stopped! I try to educate people as much as they'll let me without being pushy or anything... which I did with both these people but they didn't seem to care.

Anyway... I was just in awe that I was approached to stud Odin and even more so with a white boxer... of course not surprising I guess since they'd asked about Odin. I wish people would educate themselves a little more. White boxers are great and gorgeous but there are enough without purposely breeding a white boxer!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I can understand asking about Odin, he is so gorgeous.  I didn't know much about white boxers until I joined the forum.  I had seen websites that said white boxer friendly but really didn't understand alot of what was going on.  I can understand others not knowing but to not care or want to learn more is hard for me to understand.  I am so glad to have come across this forum and have learned so much.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:x Isis says "GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRIGGIN IDIOTS !!!"

·
Registered
880 Posts
I hate hearing about how many people don't know any better, or refuse to listen!  It just irritates me.  And yes a white bitch could have brindle pups but their is a higher associated risk of deafness in white boxers' genes.  Boxers that are white are not up to AKC standards, not that they aren't wonderful pets they are and I think a beautiful white boxer is just stunning!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Yeah, and what really gets me going are the people who just dont want to listen. nor research...I just dont get it. White boxers are beautiful and great dogs...they are just not meant to be bred...but people just dont understand and dont wanna learn.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
BOXERBOYS\";p=\"98881 said:
I'm gunna breed a white boxer and a black boxer and see what I get........maybe a gray boxer .......how cool.......LOL
Sorry I couldn't resist.
I bet some fool out there may actually start to think something like that one of these days Jeff....It really is a shame and Marie, you can only do so much...I've been approached a few times about that as well with Samson! omg, my boy is 11 for heaven's sake...Like I've said before, you educate where you can, but sometimes it just falls on deaf ears......Lol Ky, I bet Isis did go grrrrrrrrrr  :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
BOXERBOYS\";p=\"98881 said:
I'm gunna breed a white boxer and a black boxer and see what I get........maybe a gray boxer .......how cool.......LOL
Sorry I couldn't resist.
LMAO!!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I agree but what frustrates me the most is backyard breeding!  I recently bumped into the man who I purchased my first boxer, Blu from.  I was devastated to hear that this man is now trying to stud out Blu's brother and Blu's sister is about to have a litter of pups any day now...it just burns me to hear this because Blu was full of cancer at only 18 months and here they are breeding the same lines!!!  I just don't want anyone to have to go thru what poor Blu and myself had to go thru!!!  But how do you tell people....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I agree its both sad and frustrating but some people just refuse to wanna listen.  I tell some people Brodi is a Moxer..half boxer/ half cow   :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I would never breed a white girl, but the AKC argument doesn't prove much these days IMO.  Charlie is AKC registered, but by no means does that guarantee that he is/will be a healthy boxer.  IMO the AKC is now about getting the money to register, instead of protecting/encouraging good breeding habits.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I agree AKC doesn't mean that the dog is of sound breeding material but you wouldn't want to purchase a puppy/dog from someone who didn't register with AKC either.  It's nice to be able to follow the bloodlines.  If the bloodlines are worthy of following.  Breeding a poor quality fawn bitch can be just as detrimental as breeding a white bitch.  It just infuriates me!   :protest:  :protest:  :protest:   Stopping BYBs is important and no matter what you think about spay/neuter if you include a spay/neuter contract for pet quality pups you are doing your part to help!  Of course I think most reputable breeders thoroughly screen the homes they send their pups too.  For some reason I can't imagine Newcastle not knowing where a single one of her pups was at any moment!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
To answer the thing on saggy looking belly/nipples.  It is possible for that to happen with being in heat and without having a litter.  Sometimes they will even go through a false preg in the first heat and have milk and the whole nine yards.  That was one of my PERSONAL PREFERENCE of spaying Fiona before the first heat was I like the nice trim small nipple belly look :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
I wish I had spayed Jetta sooner, one of my friends calls Jetta "nipples".  I think if she knew what that meant her feelings would be hurt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts