Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 16 month old boxer that was diagnosed with pancreatitis on Feb 27th. He was started on purina pro plan vetinary diet EN. Have not had any problems until last Wed (3/29) barely ate, Thurs had gurgling rumbling tummy- didn't eat that day. Friday morning ate a bowl of dog food and a little while later threw it up. I made white rice and fed him that the rest of the day and was ok. Got up Saturday AM fed him rice, and he threw up. Waited a little while and tried his dog food, and he threw that up. Held food for about 24 hours. Fed him small and amount of chicken and rice about 4pm and about 9pm yesterday (sunday), he did ok. Got up this am fed same chicken and rice and he threw up within 45 minutes. I have since fed him small amount of sweet potato and rice. And so far so good. I did also notice one of his stools yesterday was slimy, mucousy, and red (blood-tinged). No stool today. I'm going to take him to the vet but just curious how often pancreatic flare ups happen. He is on a STRICT diet. We do not deviate. I should also add he is his normal self. No lethargy, his drinking water, still the same hyper boxer attitude. Just looking for some input. Thanks

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Slimy stool can be from a lot of things. I would have him check for both Coccidia and Giardia. Also, even though he is drinking he could still be dehydrated. I would recommend a vet visit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts