Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking my wife to Paris, France on Saturday for a week.  I did have some questions.  

Do I need a AC Converter for Laptops, etc...  Anyone have any idea????
If anyone has been to Paris, any recommeded places to visit?  Eat?  Etc....

John

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
oooh la la!! i don't have any suggestions but i hope you have loads of fun! take lots of pics!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Have a wonderful trip and yes take lots of pictures.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... we will....  I just want to make sure I do not cook my laptop and things..... I will do a search online to check as well.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
i'm so jealous! love that place :)

yes you do need an AC converter (and a power surge converter) we tried using the lap top without it and it was shocking us as you type ha ha.  other appliances as well if you use an electric saver you need a power converter or it'll shock you, my sister got shocked by her hair dryer (not a terrible shock but not pleasant)

places to visit I absolutely loved the Monmart district it's up on the hill behind Sacre Coure, so very easy to find back in the day it used to where the "starving artists" lived (Van Gough and such) now of course it's more touristy but still a really neat part of the town with tiny streets and street artists everywhere.  D'Orsee is a wonderful museum a lot Van Gough and Monet.  Of course can't miss Notre Dame it is gorgeous! and I just liked wondering through the Latin Quarters it's more away from the downtown area so not as tourist oriented and you get to see Paris the way it's residents do.  (Don't let the maps fool you it's a rather small city and you can walk to many places, but the public transport is also great except the Metro stops running at 1am I think, check on that so you don't get stranded)  Champs Elysees is nice to walk around but I also liked St. Germain it's on the other side of the river but also lovely (except there is a starbucks there gggrrrr evil corporation)  If you guys have enough time Palace of Versailles is only an hour train ride away, and definitely worth making day trip for :)  No matter what you do you are going to love it!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mapelfolks, thank you very much for the info.  I will look for the  AC converter (and a power surge converter) .

I am sure Radio Shack would have them... I hope.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
well when i went there when i was little, there was the BEST crepe shop right behind the eiffle tower

i was in a stage then and i got butter and sugar in it lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
Leave the puter home, Your going on vacation.

·
Registered
359 Posts
hubby has been there a lot and says their outlets are different from ours...but he doesnt know what to tell you to get...lol  EWWWWWWWW and Im jealous have a fun trip and send pics!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You must (if the weather is good!) sit in a pavement cafe on The Champs d' Lyses (wrong spelling but its early here!) and just watch the world go by, I'm sure your wife will love the Parisian style of the women! All the main tourist haunts will be in the guide books and it is just the most wonderful vibrant city, I pass through most years on my way south in France.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Don't know anything about it! :D
Praying you have a safe and fun trip! :D
Is this an anniversary or something?  We were gonna go to Guanajuato, Mexico for our 15th anniversary this year, but Henry's vet bills have eaten half our funds! :roll:  :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you can't find what you need at Radio Shack, go to www.110220volts.com They will defintiely have everything you need.  Paris is a great city.  You can tour the city on the Seine.  The boat drops you off at different points.  If you plan to do the Eiffel Tower, get there early as there is a huge line!  DH recommends Palace of Versailles, it's an hour by train and easy to get to.  He said was great and his pics were gorgeous!  If you have an iPod, you can download iJourneys: The Left Bank (www.ijourneys.com)  It is a walk through the Left Bank that ends at Notre Dame.  It really worth doing and very intersting.  Eat at Les Deux Magots (6 Place-St-Germain-des-Pr

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I don't know about the converter thingy, but just wanted to say I hope you have a great time in Paris!  :D

G

·
0 Posts
French Lesson:

Teacher: In French, to say yes you say oui-oui.

Peter: Oh, man, that's hysterical.
Hey, what do you say for no, doo-doo?
Hey, I'll be right back. I've got to go take a wicked yes.

I don't know much about France other than Family Guy references as you can see.  Have fun!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts