Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Writing about Blitzens barking earlier reminded me of something I wanted to ask everyone. When your dogs are barking (for REAL barking, not play) do any of them end with a hound dog/beagle baying sound???? It's the funniest thing I've ever heard and she's only done it twice so far. Donner's are VERY deep gruff barks and Sophies used to be the same only higher pitched and shorter barks but no "AAUUOOO" sound from either of them. Just wondering, is my little ditzy Blitz the only one making this sound???? 8O

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I don't remember Kiah ever doing it and Keegan hasn't barked yet.  I would love to hear it though; it sounds really cute.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
OMG Yes Bubba has done it before he sounded just like a beagle. He does it at one specific dora doll that talks...its the funniest thing! I really needa record it   :lol:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I've heard Rocky do it maybe once.  My "previous" boxer Hooter (lives with ex-husband in OR) used to do it all the time.  It is very cute!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Diesel ends all his play barks that way. I've only heard an actual bark once, and it was more of a mumbley "ggrumph" noise. lol

·
Registered
370 Posts
Allie gives a deep bark and usually ends with either a long woooo or a howl, like a hound dog or Beagle.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh my yes!!! Angel sounds like the Hound of the Baskervilles at times  :lol: Her bark is actually a lot deeper than Samson's and then at times she adds that howl into the mix...Kinda funny

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
haha Isis does that ALOT..we thought it was b/c she couldnt hear herself lol...she wooo wooo's then ends with a longggggggggggg one haha

if shes using her big girl bark they are linked together with howels if shes really intent on whatever it is thats entered the Isis no no zone lol... :roll: leaf, bird,lawn ninja

1 - 10 of 10 Posts