Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good morning :)

last night my girlfriend and i had to go out to a work function for me.  a friend of ours let beckham out while we were gone, and when we came home, he hadn't messed in his crate AT ALL.  he was so, so good!  we were really pleased and let him know that.

then this morning, when morgan brought him to work, she took him outside, he pooped, and then came back inside and peed TWICE within 10 minutes on the carpet.

i know he's a puppy, he's only 9 weeks old.  but he has been doing GREAT at potty training and is even letting us know he has to go!  he never let her know.  could this be him lashing out at us for leaving last night?  in all probability, does he even REMEMBER that?  we're just trying to gauge where this is coming from.

thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
my chloe does that if i don't have her outside to use the bathroom long enough.she is 10 weeks old.also if i leave for awhile to go to town or somewhere she will do it also..she hates to be alone . when i am gone she loves to tear up paper when i am gone like she is bored or something.

owner of whortons kennels in greenville ms
buck,fawn male,4 yrs old
kayce,fawn female ,5 yrs old
chloe,white female ,3 months old

·
Registered
905 Posts
Dogs have absolutely no concept of revenge whatsoever, that's purely a human condition!

At the end of the day, he is still very young and he is going to keep having accidents for some time yet.  You will also find that a dog is doing great at house training at home, but if you take them elsewhere (like work, or someone else's house) they may regress a lot.  It'll take him a while to learn that he doesn't just have to let you know he needs to go out at home, but everywhere.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Ditto what honeyec said. At 9 weeks puppies still have no control over their bladder. Just when you think they are getting the hang of this potty training thing, whoops they have another accident. They progress...then regress...progress....regress....etc! It will take a while but he'll get it!  :)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="tootsie\";p=\"4937":3um60zwv]Ditto what honeyec said. At 9 weeks puppies still have no control over their bladder. Just when you think they are getting the hang of this potty training thing, whoops they have another accident. They progress...then regress...progress....regress....etc! It will take a while but he'll get it!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I remember 9 weeks old, Lola would just start peeing wherever and whenever.  Ahh the joys of picking her up midstream and trying to carry her outside as she kept peeing :)

I kept a little journal of Lola's progress with basic obedience training, potty training, etc...  She really started getting it at 10-15 weeks.  If your having very few accidents at 9 weeks then I think your doing very well.

Also agree with the above posters that said dogs don't think in terms of revenge.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i agree with all of the above :) puppies will go through phases where they appear to be trained, but then when they are that young the will regress and then make progress again. Keep up with what is being done with the training and it will get better. keep us posted.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No.. the little guy is too young for that, Saigey is 6 months, when I am not home he still does it sometimes but not often at the age of 4 months I had treats next to the roof door where I wanted him to do his stuff and every time he done pee pee outside I greeted him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts