Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this really isnt a show off as I don't have any pics as our camera is on the fritz, but we took Patch to the dog park today.

At first he was pretty shy and didn't stray to far from us, but slowly he started playing with the other boxers that were there. Admittedly, I was quite nervous because he is still smaller than the other dogs and knowing how he is. So as he got more comfy  so did I.

This was a first for us as well, as we had not been to a dog park before. It was a lot of fun and we got to meet several other boxers and their owners.

Anyway, I wanted to share or experience today :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That is great!! You should chat up the other Boxer owners and see about having a regular meetup...Lots of fun

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it was a 'boxer' meetup. There is a DFW boxer group and yesterday was their meet up day. It was really cool because my wife was able to see how dogs should be. She was turned off to dogs after our last dog would not socialize and ended up biting our son on the face.

Patch is really starting to show his personality... he is a sneaky one..

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, he had a ball and wa worn out when we left :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So glad to hear that it was fun, it is so great to watch boxers play together.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup, it was very cool to see :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh ya, he was plum tuckered out, lol

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, I bet he was tired...Angel is always wore out after our meetups, but by the time we get home (2 hr drive) her batteries have re charged and she is ready for round 2.... :lol: Are you planning on attending the meetups there?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup we will be. We are trying to get the meetups to happen more than once a month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts