Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced any paw lesions as shown in this picture? It is both rear paws..

My dog has been on every type of antibiotic, allergy and steroid medicines with no signs of improvement. Also has been thru 3 surgeries to remove the lesions. We have had several biopsies with no significant findings. Lesions are not cancerous. He have seen several dermatology vets with some signs of improvement but then flakes up. Thanks everyone for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Biopsies revealed Bacteria and underlying Allergy. This has been going on for a year now. One paw looks like that picture and the other is about a dime size growth.

Just wondering if anyone out there had this same problem. Need some help solving. Doctors have no idea of what it can be. Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have never experienced this to be honest but i think it had to be caused by an allergy. Did they give you a way forward? Is it healing. I can imagine how difficult it must be for it to even walk. After healing maybe you could get it some muttluks to allow it move without being hurt so much. My best wishes.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Wow that looks really bad. My guess would be he is licking it to cause that initially and bacteria gets into it. He may have an allergy. What do you feed? There are some good breeders on here that may have an idea. Definitely need to get that controlled. Poor boy and poor you too.

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
Did they culture the bacteria to find out which antibiotic should be used?
If the bacteria is deep in the tissue, antibiotics might be needed for a longer term.
You will also need to figure out what the allergy is to so you can take steps to avoid / eliminate it. Keep him/her from licking the paws as that will only make it worse. You might have to resort to a cone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, just joined. My older boxer Bonnie has been going thru the same thing for two plus years now. Two procedures, meds, sprays, culture and two vet locations. She still suffers and one paw has a history swelling up and reducing as a cycle but always a lump between out side digits on front right paw. Her left started eight months ago. I am sad to see her like this and I give baby aspirin to help. As you, I am needing info of some owner out there who knows what this is. We care so much for her but two years and $3,00 plus vet bills is hitting us hard at the wrong times.
Artie
Dog Dog breed Boxer Window Carnivore

1 - 11 of 11 Posts