Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ren and every other dog that I have made these for absolutely LOVES them! They are super easy to make! :emtthumbs: Below is the recipe and a pic of me and my daughter making them! Hope your babies enjoy them! :)

Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375'F.

In one bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk, then add to dry ingredients and mix well. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes.

Bake for 20 minutes on a greased baking sheet until lightly brown. Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container.

*Be careful, the cookies may burn easily depending on thickness.*

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
These sound like something my two would like. They love peanut butter. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Awesome! I will definitely be making some. These would make an awesome little christmas basket gift for friends with furbabies as well. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yey! You are all welcome! I hope all your babies enjoy them! :)

Just an FYI tidbit, when we make them we always cut them out with "normal" size cookie cutter shapes. For Ren it's almost like they are too rich for her tummy so we always just break off a lil' chunk and give them to her throughout the day as treats. So at the end of the day she will have eaten a whole one. We tried using smaller cookie cutter shapes, but the treats burn more easily so we just do it this way.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
What a cute picture!!!

My poor baby girl is allergic to grain :( so she can't have anything with wheat, darn it. They sound good, though, and I bet the pups love them.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
What a cute picture!!!

My poor baby girl is allergic to grain :( so she can't have anything with wheat, darn it. They sound good, though, and I bet the pups love them.
Gracie too...:( But enjoy and eat an extra one for her :emtthumbs:...

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I just made these for Rocky and the yorkiepoos... Super easy to make & they LOVE them. I admit.. John & I tried them... Not so tasty for me... But the dogs are begging for more..

I'm gonna sticky this thread :)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I told you pups LOVE them!!! :up:

Yeah, after we got done making them Maddie was like "Mommy, can I try one?!" I just laughed and told her there was nothing in them that could hurt her, so she took a small nibble off the side of one and then just kind of "smacked" her mouth together a few times and looked at the cookie and said "They taste kind of... blah." It was too cute! Of course, I had to try one too! :lol: Not so tastey for me either, but Ren loves them!

·
Registered
90 Posts
i told you pups love them!!! :up:

Yeah, after we got done making them maddie was like "mommy, can i try one?!" i just laughed and told her there was nothing in them that could hurt her, so she took a small nibble off the side of one and then just kind of "smacked" her mouth together a few times and looked at the cookie and said "they taste kind of... Blah." it was too cute! Of course, i had to try one too! :lol: Not so tastey for me either, but ren loves them!

you dont have any picture, of how this ''peanut butter puppy poppers'' looks like > ?

Thanks .

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've never had any trouble using the milk so I've never substituted it.
I do know that you don't want to give to many treats in one day though otherwise your pup might get an upset tummy just because they are a little rich.
We usually give Ren only one or two total in a day and break them in half or smaller so she can enjoy them throughout the day.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts