Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me thank the people that helped me with recall problems. I followed advice and Cooper has improved immensely.
The problem I'm having now is that I notice that when Cooper goes out to pee I notice that it looks as if he stops before his bladder is empty. A half hour later if he is out of my sight for two minutes, he may pee on floor. He will normally whine or nip at my hand when we're together. He has only pooped in the house for the 6 weeks I've had him. Now I take him out once an hour trying to stop this peeing. He can go through the night uncreated and hold it. It's like he doesn't know that he shouldn't pee in the house. When I find the pee I don't act out and try to avoid cleaning it,in front of him.
If anyone has suggestions let me thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Only thing I can suggest is try to catch him in the act and say NO outside and take him immediately out to finish. That happened I thin to our boy once when he was a pup but I caught him in the act handout he went. I'm now potty thing a 12 week old pup, I think he is already trained no accidents anymore but I am super vigilant at watching him and he goes out when loose in the house about every 2 hours.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
My boxer probably took the longest of any dog I ever owned. Honestly thought he might have had a uti or something. Nope, just a late bloomer with potty training. He probably knew 20 different commands at the time but still loved sneaking a squirt in the house for some reason.lol. I think he finally stopped at about 5 - 6 months old.

Had the same issue as you though. He would hold it from 10 at night till 6 in the morning but during the day he would go out and pee and an hour or two later he was peeing inside.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for your feedback guys. I've caught him in the act twice and he peed all the way to the door. I don't know if giving a different name to each function would help. 90% of the time he will manage to pee a little every time I take him out ,so I know he gets it. I treat reward him and praise him,sometimes I think the little x#*£~+ does it if he wants a treat. About a week ago had him checked for a uti while at the vets,so that's ruled out. Hopefully it's a maturity issue, time will tell. He only drinks several times a day and loads up at that time. I was concerned for awhile that he wasn't drinking enough, he never drinks at the time he eats. Thanks for your feedback and support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts