Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was getting ready for bed last night and discovered that Dyna had peed on the bed.  I have had Dyna for 3 weeks and she is 10 months old. She has only had 2 accidents in the house before this and both times she peed on the tile floors. She had been out several times last night and I watched her pee. I was in my adjoining office with a girlfriend for 30 minutes which is the only time she could have done this. Could it be a jealousy issue? We were both playing with her earlier in the evening. Does anyone have any idea why she would do this? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I dont know why she would do it. But I do know that our pug has done that before. I normally febreeze every inch of the bed about every 2 weeks. and she had peed on the bed the night of me febreezing it. I dont know if it's because she couldn't smell herself on it, or what. but did you do something similar?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie did that once a few months ago... I was shocked... That was the first time since we got her... Even at 7 weeks she would jump off the bed or off the couch and go to the wee wee pad or paper laid out.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Lucy did the same darn thing! Three times- the third time I actually caught her and spanked her. She has never done it since.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Roxy pee'd on the bed twice after we got her, she was about 6 months old.  She had never had a problem with "going" in the house because we have a dog-door and she learned how to use it the 1st day she was with us by following Ginger.  Then, i went to be one night, laid down on the bed, and it was wet and stinky!  I was sooooo mad.  I don't think she knew what she had done (i didn't scold her).  The second and last time, i went into the bedroom for some reason and she was sleeping in the bed and looking REALLY cute, so i snuggled up next to her and again laid down in wet stinky pee!  I just assumed she was like a child that wet's the bed and just didn't wake up to the "feeling".  Thankfully she hasn't done it again.  

Maybe your Dyna will out-grow it too!  I hope so for your sake!!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Phoenix did this once about a month ago...not sure why we were both home and she was out a bit before that to go pee and she never "asked" to go
outside before the accident. I noticed she was MIA in the living room and she was leaving the bedroom when she heard me coming. So she made it a point to walk down the hallway and get on the bed and pee - perhaps she was ticked off or something im not sure.
She hasn't done it since so I'm not sure why she did it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Funny you should post this because Gaby did the same thing a couple of nights ago...I posted about it in the health concerns section, but I'm pretty sure she did it in her sleep...she must have been dreaming of peeing :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Do you think she actually peed or could it be possible maybe she leaks?  I know of a lot of dogs that leak when laying down.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My mom has Rowdy my puppys father.  We think his life was not so good before us so she has been working with him on his anxiety.  He was bad when she first got him with noises, fast movement..etc..  He like to rearrage her house move the blankets, cloths, dog food.  He never destroys anything just moves it.  Well he does not let being left and he was getting better being alone my mom tried to make sure he knows she is coming back for him.  Well anyways one night she had been gone a couple hours and when she came home he had peed on her bed. she had just bought a brand bed luckfully she had the cover on it so it did not soak though.  Well the other night she came over to my house for dinner and when she got home the same thing.  She does not know what to do she does not want to tell my dad because he would freek and she does not want him to find it when he is home.  So she is lost on what to do.  She hates punishing him because he has had problems.  So any advise on how to stop it.  Thanks I think he does it to when he is mad!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
My maddy leaks when she pees, has for about 2 years. Asked the vets, never found out what it was. It isnt even constant, every few weeks, she'll pee/dribble. And she stands up and just looks at it as if she doesnt know what it is.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Oopsie!! Poor Dyna  :? . We have thankfully had no pee accidents in bed, but if I get in the tub, Ashley goes to the door, and pees in front of it on occasion....like everyone above stated..I think she is mad at me because I need to take care of my self, and not have her laying on me...Silly dog!

·
Registered
291 Posts
you are supposed to take a pup out to pee after they eat or play to let them relieve themselves. Most animals wont pee or eat where they sleep - does your pup sleep in the bed with you?

not to worry you i am sure it was a one time accident, if it does not improve mention it to the vet the next time you are in - my pup developed lymph node cancer and he had urinated in the bed twice before we realized something was wrong. again i should'nt worry you i just want to share my story so that my experience can help someone else out there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can't believe you posted this, because Bowser just wet the bed for the second time last night!  He's 5.5 months old, and I'm pretty sure he did it in his sleep both times!  Maybe he was dreaming about peeing, he didn't seem to know he did it until I scolded him for it.  I wonder why he does it?  I let him out about 3 hours before, and he can certainly hold it for longer than that! :naughty:

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dog has done this . only once as a 1yr old actually looked at my wife went to her side of the bed squatted and peed ,when my wife went to grab her she growled and snapped ,
but when she got older she would leak while she slept ( actually see the puddle around her butt) this was a sign of kidney problems . even if they pee out of spite or jealusy they usually will not  lay in it ,
make sure it is not a infection or kidney problems , we could actually tell by the amount of protein in her diet , one daily dog vitiman ( high in protein ) this would make her worse .
just for a week change to low protein diet  , and see if it improves
Good Luck
i

·
Registered
494 Posts
Maggie has had 2 accidents on my bed, first was in her sleep and me right next to her....lol  :D  Thought it was me for a moment.  :oops:  Then I realized she did it in her sleep, so at first I thought that she might have been dreaming.  Kind of just let it go, cleaned up the mess.  She had a vet appointment and talked to the vet about it but he felt it was just a one time thing.  Then a few nights later is happened again, I was alittle concerned because she had been going outside, I swear it felt like every 30 minutes.  So I made another vet appointment and convinced him to test her for a UTI.  And it came back positive.  I would just watch and see if that was maybe a behavioral thing of it is something that she may need to be looked at for.  Good luck!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
If Bowser does it again, I will Have to make a vet appt. too.  Isn't it unusual for male dogs to get UTI'S?  He had one when we first got him, and vet gave him Meds.  I would be very surprised if he had another.  It is usually hard for a male to get bacteria in the urethra, or so I've heard.  Does anyone know if this is true? :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts