Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We missed the window on getting our 10month old female spayed. She went into heat and started bleeding which lasted for 8 days. She went about her normal potty schedule with no issues and had no accidents. There were a few days over holiday break where she was in her crate overnight for a bit longer than usual. She stopped bleeding 2 days ago and we noticed that when taking her out she would pee like 3 times all within 5-10min of each other. Well, last night she peed in her crate at 4am and started barking to tell us. No accidents in her crate during the workday today.

My wife got home and took her out and same thing. I took her back out and she peed a couple more times. Then when I brought her back in, she rang the bell to go out and sure enough went again. As I was writing this, I look over and she is peeing in the house. First, where is all this pee coming from? We give her water but she doesnt have access to a constant water source. Is she just holding it all in and not going all at once? Is this related to her heat cycle? I've read that a cycle lasts past the bleeding phase so perhaps the peeing a lot is because of the cycle?

We are going to call the vet tomorrow if this continues through the night. Any helpful info or similar experiences from anyone?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I wonder if it could be a uti... I don`t have a female, but that would be my first guess... although I`am sure someone with more experience with females after a heat cycle will have a more educated idea

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A UTI would be my first guess too. Vet trip.
Waiting to hear back what my wife hears from the vet. That's what we would assume as well. Seems like most logical but just interesting timing how it all started right after she stopped bleeding.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts