Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i have a 9mth old boxer,she is crate trained and all of a sudden she is peeing in the crate when we are not home only.what should i do???

·
Registered
15 Posts
how long is she being held in the crate?  She should be let out to urinate every 3-4 hours; this is the longest their little bladders can physically hold urine.  Do ou take her out to urinate right before she goes in the crate?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she is in the crate normally about 7 hrs we work  8 hrs a day she is walked at 640 my wife gets home at like 145,what do i do this started all of a sudden

·
Registered
15 Posts
is t here any way you could get a neighbor to let your dog out before 7 hours?  I can't believe your pup has made it as long as she has w/out going in the crate!  If there is no other way for you to break the day up for her, I think the only thing you can do is let her urinate immediatelt before taking her into the crate.  Does she have a "kong" toy to occupy and entertain her?  She may be bored, or acting out.  If it continues I'd call the vet to rule out a UTI, and if it is behavioral, you may need to find a way to get her relief before 8 hours!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts