Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, Beckham seriously drank about 5 bowls of water, because he and his friend Kirby were playing hard outside, it was VERY hot, etc.

So this morning, naturally he had a 90 second pee, which is to be expected.  I brought him in, gave him his breakfast, and he scarfed it down along with some water, as he always does.

He seemed realyl restless in his kennel, so I let him run around while I was getting ready for work and he seemed happy.

Then Morgan called me on her way into work (she leaves about an hour after I do).  She said that she had heard him barking downstiars but thought the cats were taunting him.  She said he peed ALL OVER the inside of his kennel, and it was a TON of pee!  He hasn't peed in his kennel ever, expect for maybe one time when he was about 10 weeks old.  (Beckham is going to be 7 months old on the 19th.)  Then she took him out again before he left, and he had to pee bad again!

He drank water until about midnight last night, which is later than we usually let him.  Is this normal?  does it sound like he's drinking more than he can contain?  at first we though oh no, maybe its a bladder infection, but he's peeing A LOT because he drank a rediculous amount of water last night after playing.

I'm going to check on him during my lunch today.

Thoughts?  Advice?  Perhaps this was a fluke?

Thanks!

PS - here's a recent picture, because we've been bad about that lately!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i think it is due to the amount that he drank and the fact that he drank it until close to midnight. I dont honestly feel that it could be a bladder infection. typically when it is a bladder infection they pee small amounts very frequently. Let us know how he is doing!! he should even out

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
There's that handsome boy! Was beginning to wonder what had happened to all of you.....I really think that cos of all the water that Becks drank that's why he had an accidnet in his crate...I know with Angel, even now, if she drinks a lot, I monitor her and make sure we have a lot more trips outside...With this heat, they need the hydration, so it's hard to stop them from drinking...Try a popsicle, mine love those. If Becks likes ice, he will love a popsicle... :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I agree with Andrea and Willow. All the peeing is probably due to the excess amount of water he took in.  Just keep a close eye on him today, if he is still peeing in excess then I would call the vet. He'll probably be feeling fine today. Keep us posted. Thanks for the pic....he's looking very handsome!

**Willow, thanks for the popsicle tip. Never even thought of that!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
samsonsmom\";p=\"20711 said:
There's that handsome boy! Was beginning to wonder what had happened to all of you.....I really think that cos of all the water that Becks drank that's why he had an accidnet in his crate...I know with Angel, even now, if she drinks a lot, I monitor her and make sure we have a lot more trips outside...With this heat, they need the hydration, so it's hard to stop them from drinking...Try a popsicle, mine love those. If Becks likes ice, he will love a popsicle... :)
Eek! Yeah I know, I've been so busy with work and stuff, but we are here and actively reading/commenting!

He does LOVE popsicles..we give him those Edy's All Fruit ones, he loves the Lime and Lemonade!  thanks for the advice.  I'm goign to check on him around 1 today I think.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I don't think they're supposed to have citrus.  We give Henry the strawberry ones with the real fruit in them.  He and my son like to share!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Beckham's back and looking cuter than ever!!!!  That happened to Lola once, it was really hot out so I left her a big bowl of water and two bowls of ice cubes.  When I went to check on her during lunch there was so much pee in my kitchen I thought the dishwasher exploded!  Needless to say I never left her that much liquids again!!  Let us know how he's doing!!  And welcome back :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just stopped by the house...no mess in the crate!

just lots of kisses and "mom stay home with me!"  it's so hard to leave that. :(

·
Registered
491 Posts
just lots of kisses and "mom stay home with me!"  it's so hard to leave that.  

That is SO true!!  I drive down the road beside my house to take my daughter to my mom's while I work and my 2 run the fence line chasing me.  It breaks my heart!!  It's like they're saying "mommy please don't leave me, come back!!"  Gosh, I'm such a pushover!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea! Sounds like it was just the excess water that caused Becks to have an accident...Lol, I can picture it, "mom, can't you stay home and play with me please?"  :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts