Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you guys know that Penny (more like me) is goinna start official SAR training with a local SAR group this weekend.  I'm so excited for her.  She's at the perfect age for the work and they expectthat she will excell the average SAR dog.  They are also trying to talk me into training her for Wilderness SAR and Cadavar work down the road(once I have her certified).

Justthought I'd share.

BTW---Any dog can do SAR.  So if your interested, maybe you should check it out.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Congratulations.  I know you'll both be perfect for that job even though it can be emotionally a very tough one.  The happy endings make it all worthwhile.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Congrats on starting your new program, can't wait to hear more about it! Penny is beautiful and has that wise, meditative look that bloodhounds have. Melts my heart :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I am sure both you and Penny will do well in your training.  Wilderness sounds like fun; cadaver work (I know is needed), sounds like it would be a tough one to handle emotionally.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Congrats Penny!! That is so exciting.

I didn't comment on your first post when you brought her home, but I have to say she is just a gorgeous dog! Bloodhounds aren't very common where I'm from... Post more pics!!!  :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts