Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread may not get a lot of traffic with that heading, but it is apt.

As in:  We fed our last dog, Zelda, Purina One because it was recommended by our vet.  Zelda ate Purina One EVERY DAY FOR FOURTEEN YEARS.  She never complained.  But then, she had nothing to compare it to.

Atticus was fed Diamond until he was about four months old.  Then we switched him to a raw diet.  I will never forget the first time I fed him raw.  It was a chicken leg quarter and it took him the better part of an hour to down it, but boy-oh-boy, you should have seen him strut around the yard afterwards... I swear he was saying "Yeah, baby!  This is the life!"

Now, after several months of feeding him mostly wild game and chicken, he's starting to turn his nose up at chicken.  After he did this a half dozen times or so I mentioned to my daughter that I felt bad that we couldn't offer him more variety.  She mentioned this to her boyfriend who brought me back down to earth by saying "Oh my god, that dog is SO spoiled to be turning down raw meat when most dogs subsist on the same boring dry kibble day after day after day."

Yeah, it's all about perspective.

And Atticus can turn his little nose up at chicken all he wants, but it will continue to be 2/3 of his diet.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Gotta love em. .. . .  ..  :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Our babies definately are spoiled but it is so hard not too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts