Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

pet crop pics

996 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  chip18 
#1 ·
does anyone have any pics to share of a pet medium crop that i can show my vet how i want it cropped.

#3 ·
Well ... it's a personnel choice and it's your dog so, you can do what you want. But it is a lot of expensive And your dog will most likely need to be put under anesthesia??? And that is "potentially," a big deal in Boxer World! See here.:

Now it can be used safely on Boxer's ... if as I understand it they use less 30% less of it then they do with other dog's?? Or you can talk to your Vet and just tell them "No Ace," on my Boxer. A good vet will say ... "Sure No Problem, we will use "something else."

I can't remember what the something else was?? But that is what they used on Struddell ...when I finally got her fixed but she came thru just fine. But the cropping thing??

Originally with my Struddell, I wanted her cropped?? My wife did not. But we comprised since she was "Docked and he Dew Claws," were removed. Good Enough, so she got to keep her, Floppy Ears and I had no regrets as the Floppy Ears ... better suited her personally. No regrets, with her personality, cropped ears would have looked silly?? SHe just could not pull off a "Serious Looking Dog," very well?? I have No regrets.

On the other hand ... I have seen two serious looking Boxer's that you would not want to screw with! No in real life and the other is "Cliff." The first was in my neighbor ... safely behind a wrought Iron fence! And she (sigh) was a Flashy and those owner's had a lot of "issue's," with her! Rocky and I my 113 lb WL GSD, stopped to talk to the owner's about one of there dog's. And they said we have a Boxer! So of course, I asked to see her!

So they brought her out ... behind the fence and on leash! And "she" was a Flashy and beautiful but wow ... most definitely not a "Struddell??" (My White Boxer) there dog came out of the house straining hard on the leash and stared at my Rocky, like he was "raw meat" and she never made a sound!! Those owner's had already said, yeah we got problems, with other dog's!

I thanked them for there time and got the "two of us quickly under way!" I have met lot's of Boxer's and worked with a few but that (female,flashy,floppy) was the "scariest," Boxer I had ever seen?? And again, she never made a sound either ... just a, "Cold Hard Stare!" I was stunned! Now she might be "Good with people, anyway??" But most definitely not a Dog you would want, your dog to meet at a Dog Park! But I seriously doubt, those owner's took her there anyway??

And of course ... "Floppy number two," Cliff vom Grand Kevin the Real Deal. And we do have a "Son of Cliff," on here I might add. Here you go ..:

Cliff ... did not need "Cropped," Ear's ... to make his point. :)

But your dog, your choice of course. Best bet is find a Boxer Club local to you and ah, Good Luck with that. But owner's of Cropped Boxer's would be your best source for recommendations. Or a Vet that "Claims," he can give you the look you want ... should have pictures's of client's Boxer's I would imagine???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.