Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone here guide me in the right direction for pet heath insurance? who do you guys carry, deductibles, costumer service, etc.

·
Super Moderator
6,972 Posts
Canadian Kennel Club deals with Petsecure. When you purchase a CKC registered dog you get 6 wks of complimentary insurance through the CKC. You need to contact your breeder and make sure they have filled out an submitted the forms.

I prefer Trupanion insurance. They insure up to $20K and you can choose your deductible. Check out their site and they will show you what you will pay based on breed, age and deductible :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i checked out trupanion already and is looking like the best bet so far. and but he's registered through Continental Kennel Club not Canadian. or is it the same?

·
Super Moderator
6,972 Posts
It is not the same. ConKC accepts any dogs as purebreds regardless of if the parents have been registered or not. The CKC is the Canadian version of the AKC and requires that all litters must come from registered parents, grandparents etc.

IMO Trupanion is the way to go.

·
Registered
475 Posts
We have Bella on Petplan. www.gopetplan.com/ They along with Trupanion were the only two companies that I found worth their salt. I opted for Petplan due to many reviews where Trupanion hiked rates on policy holders 200-300% after only 12 months with no claims made. To my understanding, these are the only two companies that will not treat a condition (such as diabetes) in 2012, for example, as a pre-existing condition if originally diagnosed in 2011.

Our plan with Petplan is a $100 deductible with a 90% reimbursement at 41$ per month. It's certainly very good to have for costly emergencies, but not very helpful for routine visits such as limping after exercise or an ear infection. By the time you pay the 100 deductible you may get 20-30 dollars back. With that said, the only claim that I made with them was paid very fast with no hassle. They seem like a good company with an intuitive web site and helpful customer service.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I have Trupanion for Bella.After doing a ton of research it seemed like the best out of all. Filing claim is really easy and you get the reimbursement back pretty fast. I pay about $50 a month , $100 deductible and that $50 covers $4.99 for hip displaysia which is optional/additional coverage.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I agree with Brian --- PetPlan is awesome! SHORT reimbursement times (usually w/i a week of claim submittal) & they do NOT go by a "fee schedule" - whatever your vet's bill is? That's what you get back minus a one-time per illness/injury deductible & based upon which of 3 plans you choose. NO FEE SCHEDULE!!! Those are usually bogus & end up covering about 30% of your vet bill MINUS the required deductible. Look them up & give them a call.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Aspen is currently with PetSecure and they are AWFUL!! I'm switching her to Trupanion.

Out of Curiousity, Why do you say PetSecure is so Awful? I am with them and I only pay $63 month there coverage looks to be the same other then 80% over 90%... Mind you i havent had to submit any claims yet? PLease inform me why you dont like them incase I decide to switch.

I did an Online quote for Trupanion in Canada it gave me $80 month...PLS let me know.

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts