Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Healthy paws is the best, I have 3 boxers, started with VPI which is terrible.the only good thing about them is they offer well care. The have a cap on payments which isn't very much. Although they did pay for a ACL surgery, they would only cover $2,300'and the surgery was $2,000. I switched to healthy paws, no caps, google it, you will like it..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello, we have Trupanion for Roxy. You pick your deductible and they pay 90% after it. Deductible is per injury . I have nothing but good things to say about it so far. Used it for a unfortunate emergency surgery from a dog attack and they were very quick to pay claim.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I have PetPlan. When I purchased pet insurance, I hoped it would be a waste of money. Unfortunately, Tucker has had many issues over the last few years including liver issues, an allergic reaction to a spider bite, an allergic reaction to antibiotics, and 2 torn ACLs. I wish Tucker was healthy and the pet insurance was a complete waste, but in my case, it has saved me over $10,000 in the last 3 years.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I also have pet plan. I have a 200.00 deductible per condition and I pay 20% co-insurance. They are good about paying claims.
The 200.00 per condition is something to consider. Once you reach it for a certain condition then pet plan does cover it but i sometimes think i would be better off with a yearly deductible instead. PetPlan also covers holistic vet visits, herbal/alternative medicine and chiropractic

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I have Embrace. I chose it because the deductible is NOT per illness which was important to me. I also picked it because of all the alternative therapies it covers and they cover congenital and chronic conditions. I have had it for 4 years now for Kippah and thankfully I havent had to use it at all, but glad I do have it. I pay 37.50 per month. I have a $500 deductible, 80% covered and a max of 15k coverage a year. It has gone up with age slightly. I think 4 years ago it started at 34.50

·
Registered
1 Posts
Of course, I can recommend the insurance company I use! It seems to me that animals are much more in need of insurance than people. They need medical care. I had never encountered this problem before and didn't know where to turn.I recently found a company. My friend recommended it to me. The terms of animal insurance are just great. Everything was done in one day at a very good price. I have applied for Pet Business International #1 for Dog Walking & more . and they helped me solve everything in a short time. I hope it was useful to you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I see that most of these posts are from 2016, I'm glad this came up because we want to get insurance on our new pup coming next year. We have looked online recently and "Healthy Paws" seems to be the consensus number one of independently rated companies. I know they have different levels of protection, can anyone make a recommendation as to what is necessary and what is overkill? Also is this something that is best started right when you get them?
Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi, I'm not familiar with Healthy Paws but we have Trupanion. It is a deductible per illness but they have covered so much. From my experience I recommend starting coverage right away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use pet plan cover for life. I have to say that with my previous boy they were great. He had many conditions over his life and they never quibbled once. They certainly didn't make any money from me, but they were always quick to pay and while the premium did go up it was never as much as I expected.

·
Read Only
81 Posts
I currently have embrace but fortunately I have never had to use it for anything major so I can't really tell you

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just came across this post And perfect because I actually was thinking of getting insurance for my pups right now.
Healthy paws
Trupanion
Pet plan

I will have to look at all those, I currently have to do surgery for my 8yr old boy. He needs to get work in his mouth. He’s got cauliflower looking gums that enable him to eat normally

1 - 14 of 14 Posts