Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i have never had pet insurance myself, but i have heard of pros and cons. The one piece of advice i would like to offer is make sure you read through EVERYTHING that they are willing to cover. i wouldnt want to find myself in a jam and it not be covered. Also i believe most of the companies require you pay the bill upfront then send in the bills and you will get reimbursed. I am not 100% sure on this though

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Thanks for the tip Sharon, with a new puppy, I am spending a lot of time wiping up her messes.  She makes it to the papers 80% of the time, but the 20% she doesn't..... ewwwwwwww!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i was thinking the same thing..we have read through alot of the companies and most weve seen say they reimberse..well that kind of defeats the purpose doesnt it?...i understand for surgeries and things but emergency visits is what most people have a hard time with...
im going to read on... :D

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
There is also a Care Card you can use for yourself and a vet. It is basically a cafeteria Plan or Credit line that you can use for medical reasons.

http://www.carecredit.com/about.html

I am using the APCA insurance. The Advantage plan to be exact. So far so good. they are covering Vegas Shots this week and Spaying in a few weeks. I will definitely update the thread at that time for future references.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I have heard great things about care credit and we have never had a problem getting our money from the company....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts