Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the pet store to get Jessies food, it turns out that they dont sell Canidae anymore which SUCKS because they are around the corner from me... And I know the lengths some people have to go to buy Canidae...

I came home with these two instead!

Meet MOOSE:

and MUSH:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome home Moose and Mush!  :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oh...they are not the replacement for the Canidae are they?  :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
They are cute.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
wow pretty angels...makes me laugh i had one of the black n white ones yrs ago and i think he was manic or something he was MEAN sometimes..put your hand and and hed try to attack your hand...or the glass for no reason hahaa..he got HUGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love the white one very pretty

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Angel fish are great! What size tank did you get?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had this tank from before.. not sure what size it is... But I plan on getting a real big one with a filter and everything... I wanna get a bunch of fish

and no they are not the replacement for Canidae... Thats not even a mouth full for jessie anyway! LOL!

She keeps staring at them though! and then she looks back at me like these werent here before where they? lol

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Oh, I just ask because they look like the small ones sold for bettas.
A pair of angels will need at least a 29 gallon, I would suggest you visit www.badmanstropicalfish.com.  there is a lot of great info on beginning fish keeping and care.  Angels generally do not fare well in new aquariums, because newly set up tanks go through a process called the "nitrogen cycle".  Ammonia is broken down by bacteria to nitrites and then nitrates.  the process is very stressfull to fish, and some are hardier than others.
I feel you may have been a victim of bad advice from the pet store employee.  Unfortunately, more often than not the people giving advice on fish don't really know what is best for them- or they are driven by sales rather than keeping fish alive (if your fish dies you buy another!)
Good luck with the little beauties :) Aquariums are addicting, I have 7!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I hope they aren't "fishy mill" fish!  :doh: (Has that joke been told a million times already?)

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
[quote="tootsie\";p=\"128170":1qwqu5a0]Oh...they are not the replacement for the Canidae are they?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[quote="divajulia\";p=\"128182":yfo151t0]I hope they aren't "fishy mill" fish!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sadiesmomma\";p=\"128191 said:
They are beautiful and I love the names!
thanks... i usually just name my fish...  fish.. or fish with out and i... so its just fsh! but i decided cause these are nice fish i would give them real names!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
[quote="tootsie\";p=\"128170":28wgdisx]Oh...they are not the replacement for the Canidae are they?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts