Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody heard of "Pet Promise" dog food? The "claim" to be all natural with basically no "negative" ingredients. Comes both wet and dry. Large can is little less than $1.50 a can in N.J.

Heres the website:

http://www.petpromiseinc.com/

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
wow never heard of it..we stick to dry natural lamb nutro and i make amix once a week of rice,meat,a veggie and egg..works for us..

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Here is a link to the Grade Your Dog Food sticky in the Forum on how to evaluate your dog food.

http://www.boxerforums.com/modules.php? ... pic&t=2063

In looking at the ingredients, it lists chicken as the first ingredient and then the next four ingredients are grains, including corn, which is suppose to be the cause of allergies in some dogs.  Personally I wouldn't use it due to the high grain content, but everyone has to decide for themselves.  Hope the Grade Your Dog Food sticky helps you analyze it better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use the Nutro sensitive stomach/coat...I switch the flavors from oatmeal to sweet potato...but reagrdless I just came upon this, Petpromise food, in Petco the other day. Ingredients overall look pretty good, but very similar to Nutro and Nutro Max. I tend to mix a little bit of wet food in with the dry kibble. Figured I would ask about it since I have never seen it before. Thanks.  :D

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Chicken, brewers rice, corn gluten meal, oat meal, pearled barley, fat naturally preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), dried egg product, soy flour, calcium phosphate, natural flavor, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, salt, vitamins [Vitamin E supplement, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity)], choline chloride, minerals [zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite],L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate [source of Vitamin C].
Single source protein which is fine but nothing after it.   Its followed by brewers rice, corn gluten man, oat meal, barley.  All grains and two big time low quality fillers and allergyns in the brewers rice and corn gluten.   So bacisally not at all impressed with the food.  Would feed proplan over this.    I for grains like to see the use of brown rice, potato, or barley.  I think a lot of marketing is in this product.  Yes there are no animal bi-products, but these is not much else to brag about besides  the chix.  With so many grains, you will be picking up more poop and may have to watch the food intake to avoid obesity.

Depending on price I am sure there are a lot more choices with a better nutrient content:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
[quote="RockyV\";p=\"34646":2y6k815j]I use the Nutro sensitive stomach/coat...I switch the flavors from oatmeal to sweet potato...but reagrdless I just came upon this, Petpromise food, in Petco the other day. Ingredients overall look pretty good, but very similar to Nutro and Nutro Max. I tend to mix a little bit of wet food in with the dry kibble. Figured I would ask about it since I have never seen it before. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts