Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first off I would like to tell you a bit about my dog Lexie. She is six year old boxer. She will be turning seven years old on October 10th. And yes we have a huge party planned. Lol. She is a very sweet dog. She is very lazy, but she is watches over her family. Her favorite thing to do is sleep. She is usually in bed around ten if not earlier. We got her about two-three years ago from a Boxer Rescue Organazation here in West Virginia. We are good friends with the owner of the place so therefore we got our dogs from her. I hope you enjoy the photos and information I will be sharing with you guys!

Stay Tuned,
Chase

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the comments! I enjoy all the comments! She is the family baby. Here is another photo. This is her just climbing out of bed one morning. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Lexie is beautiful! I have a soft spot for the silvers.  :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So does anyone doing any activites with their dog for Halloween? Our city is having a halloween walk and you walk your dogs down the street. It is pretty much like a parade, but still entertaining!

Chase

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Lexie is a wonderful name and se looks like she's right at home with you.  I too have a great affection for silvers and I think it's wonderful that you brought her into you home when you did.  She is a real beauty!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lexie is a very lovely lady...Love all the seniors, they are truly special to me....Samson says"finally someone close to my age!"  :lol:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In this photo you will see my dog Gretchen who died back in April of this year. We got her from a rescue organazation just like we got Lexie. Gretchen lived for about three-four years after we bought her. Lexie and Gretchen loved each other a lot! In this photo you will see what I mean!

Here is some additional info on Gretchen. She was a boxer who had an abusive owner as most rescue's do. She was six years old when we bought her. She had a few tumors and she had some terrible ears. Her owner wanted her to look like a Pit Bull so therefore he did her ears like one.

I hope you enjoy the photo!

Chase

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
OHH they look so cute together! I'm sorry for your loss, Gretchen was so lucky to have a wonderful family like yours and a special friend in Lexie to spend the rest of her years with.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have photos to share this time, but I do have a story. This just happened a few minutes ago. I was laying on the couch with the pillows watching some TV when Lexie came up and gave me that look that meant get up, those are my pillows. Well I did not get up and wanted to see what she would do so she jumped up on the couch came up to me and sat on my lap. She is huge for a female boxer so it was pretty heavy on my stomach. After about setting there for five minutes she gets up and pushes her back legs and I end up in the floor. Before I could get up and get my pillows back she was already on them and sleepy. She wasn't really asleep, but she thought I would buy it. Now I'm at the desk and she is asleep on the pillows. It seems that the dogs always win and that we allow it. Lol.

As long as Lexie is around there will be stories!

Stay Tuned,
Chase

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I just noticed that Gretchen has her ears cropped like Samson's!! For the same reason I suspect, to make them look mean and intimidating

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah her owner was trying to make her look like a Pit Bull. What was so funny was that she acted no way like a Pit. She was extremely sweet! I'm sure Sampson is as well. He looks like a big baby!

Chase

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry I haven't updated the site, we have been very busy the last week! Let me give somewhat of an update and possibly some good news!

Well we got a phone call the other day from someone who works with my mothere at a boarding kennel. The person's son has a boxer who is very crazy and destroys things in there house while they are not home so he tied the boxer up outside in the 40 degree temperatures with no water or food! That is NO way to treat a boxer! So the person was calling to see if we would take the boxer for free within the next few days. The only person that wanted to keep the boxer was a little girl, so they said give it two-three days and they would break the news to her and let us have the boxer. Well we were told this Friday and it is Monday and still no word from the people! I will keep everyone updated!

Chase

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
grr see chase i told you to go that night haha ...can u go by there? jsut politely say you were jsut wondering?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I can call or I might just drive over there and see if she is tied up or not. If she is, I will be taking her home.  :D

Chase

1 - 20 of 78 Posts