Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that new to the site, been poking around here for a while now but never really posted pictures of my fur-baby Phoenix. So I thought I should make my "official" newcomer post and share some pictures with all of you!

This is the day I fell in love with her and decided she was the one for me...the runt of the litter looking for some love

Last May (about 7 months), her first time at the beach...

and this is what we've grown to be now at 15 months...

Just wondering how big everyone elses boxers were around this age (15 months)? She was the runt of the litter and
now weighs about 50lbs and is still pretty boney (her sister is about 10lbs bigger than she is). Does this seem like a good
size for her at this age?

·
Registered
893 Posts
She is a real beauty, all boxers range in size and weight. being a little bony is normal as boxers don't fill out until about 2. She looks ok to me. She is very pretty.

G

·
0 Posts
Bo is 11 months and 46 lbs and very bony...50 lbs sounds good to me...cute puppy...i woulda fallen in love with that runt anyday~

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
She is just beautiful!
Henry is almost 17 months and is close to 60 pounds.  He stayed at the 50 - 55 pound range for a long time!
I think she looks fine.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah is 17 months and weighs in at about 63 lbs (in Oct); but she is considered to be a big for a female.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Welcome! Your pup is too cute! My Lucy is 9 mos. and 44.6lbs.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aquagirl900\";p=\"69236 said:
Bo is 11 months and 46 lbs and very bony...50 lbs sounds good to me...cute puppy...i woulda fallen in love with that runt anyday~
When I went to meet the puppies (they had a litter of 12), they let all the puppies out to see me and play. They were all so energetic and all over the place. I sat down on the floor with them and they were all over me. But then Phoenix (all quiet and calm) came over to me and curled up on my lap and never got up the whole time i was there and when i picked her up she cuddled right into my neck....she was so precious and melted my heart from day one. Everytime I went to visit before they were ready to get home, she was more and more excited to see me than the last time...she made the best surprise/addition to mine and my boyfriends lives last christmas...couldn't imagine life without her now!

I figured she was upto par and in a normal weight range I'm just hoping she gets a little more meat on her bones - litterly! but I'm sure she will fill out a little more over the next few months.
Her mother was the runt of her litter when she was a pup and she was 55 lbs when I met her but on the other end of the scale her father was 92lbs!
The breeder told me that she reminded them of their female (Phoenix's mother) when they got her so I guess shes taking after her mommy!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
She is a lovely girl...I really wouldn't be overly concerned with the weight, it's a lot lealthier to be a few pounds light, versus being too heavy...My Angel is 2 1/2, she's very fine boned and a bit tall and weighs in at 53 lbs. Vet actually said he would like her to lose a few 8O ..Generally at about 2, they start filling out anyways

1 - 17 of 17 Posts