Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bshelp: Ok, I switched all the dogs to Solid Gold Millenium the day Gisselle was spayed. They were eating innova evo. My other two eat it with no problem. Gisselle on the other hand wont touch it not even with stuff added to it. So I have started to give her the innova evo again, but she won't eat that with out stuff added to it. Does anyone else have Pickey Boxers? I have searching and searching dog foods........CAn anyone suggest anything? I have never had a picky eater before :cry: My hubby suggested I try the crqappy dog foods(he thinks she might be use to that kind) but I realy don't wanna!! :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
I wouldn't switch foods again quite yet.  What are you adding to it? Becks is a VERY picky eater; we usually add a little all natural plain yogurt to his food, and he gobbles it up.  Still isn't crazy abuot food like some other dogs, though!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote="beckhamboxer\";p=\"8704":29e92om1]I wouldn't switch foods again quite yet.

·
Registered
521 Posts
That could very well be!  Becks is on Solid Gold also, but the Wold Cub mix since he's small.  I KNOW I'm tested on a regular basis!  For a while Beckham would also only eat out teh other food/drink the broth and leave the food, but eventually, I won :)  She'll get it!

·
Registered
948 Posts
When I had this going on before, people use to recommend giving the bowl of food to them, if they don't want it, take it away until the next meal and only give them 10-15 minutes to eat.. They said it cures the pickiest eater.. I don't have that problem be/c  my beast is a hog and a half. He gobbles down anything I give him .. and he loves switching food.. Gives his taste buds a ring...  :wink:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
The way we started to get savannah to eat is by adding rice. Rice has a sticky enough consistancy that it will stick to the dry food so that it is hard for them to pick around it. no matter what they end up getting dry food. We slowly decreased the amount of rice given as time went by, now she gets rice once a week if that. She is starting to eat just the dry food better. She doesnt like eating in the morning though-only in the evenings. i think it is weird but if she eats that is all that matters to me!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Chloesmom\";p=\"8739 said:
She doesnt like eating in the morning though-only in the evenings. i think it is weird but if she eats that is all that matters to me!!

funny you say that!  Beckham AND my mom's black lab Lily are the same way!  Much more afternoon/evening eaters.

·
Registered
780 Posts
We had that problem with Teaki, she didn't care if she ate no matter what foods we tried (we tried everything from top of the line to cheap, adding things to the foods, etc. nothing worked).  She had no health issues that were causing this.  After 5 years of her just eating enough to get by on and usually throwing that up several times a week we found Bil-Jac dog food which was recommended by our vet.  

It is the only food she is able to eat (and loves to eat) and can keep down.   I know that according to the rating system most of you look at on here it would not be a choice since it only received a 1 rating and contains corn but you might want to actually go to the site (www.bil-jac.com) and read how the food is actually made, if I had only went by the rating I might not have tried it but I am very glad I did.  

It does have corn which seems to be a very bad thing according to what I have read here but our dogs are not allergic to it nor have they had any problems with it, also the way they process the items for their food is different than just adding corn meal.  They use fresh chicken and chicken by products which include the organs and liver only.  I had never heard of the food until our vet told us she uses it and recommended we try it for Teaki.

Our dogs are very healthy have great coats, lots of energy and little or no gas problems!  :D

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wow... I don't know whether I should feel lucky or not!? Odin will eat anything and everything in sight. He'll go around sniffing the ground to see if there is anything tasty. It's like he's ALWAYS hungry!! And it doesn't matter what it is! I had a friend do the rice thing it worked well for her baby.

·
Registered
780 Posts
That was our Calli, she would eat ANYTHING!  She was the cleaner upper when we had kids, always swarming the high chair.  She loved to help the kids finish their snacks by licking their fingers clean.  Of course she wasn't selfish either she would always share her kibble with the kids!  :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts