1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Shiney!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I feed nutro and I love it and so do my dogs. But I am buying puppy, and adult and the price is killing me I pay roughly $50-$60 every 3 weeks. And those are for 17lb bags. Really soon here I will be having to switch one of my adult boxers to senior dog food she's roughly 5-7years old. So when I switch her to senior I will then be buying 3 diff dog foods. I've heard that canidae is an amazing food and is good for all life stages. Puppy thru senior. I went to a small petfood store. Yesterday to look at the prices and its about $40-$45 for a 45lb bag. I'm thinking of switching over to it, I've only recently heard about it so I still havnt totally decided. Someone at the dog park recommended it because they had a puppy and adult dogs too.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I feed nutro and I love it and so do my dogs. But I am buying puppy, and adult and the price is killing me I pay roughly $50-$60 every 3 weeks. And those are for 17lb bags. Really soon here I will be having to switch one of my adult boxers to senior dog food she's roughly 5-7years old. So when I switch her to senior I will then be buying 3 diff dog foods. I've heard that canidae is an amazing food and is good for all life stages. Puppy thru senior. I went to a small petfood store. Yesterday to look at the prices and its about $40-$45 for a 45lb bag. I'm thinking of switching over to it, I've only recently heard about it so I still havnt totally decided. Someone at the dog park recommended it because they had a puppy and adult dogs too.
TOTW is about the same price as canidae.. In my area anyways :) Both are great foods, both are all life stages. I wish Rocky could have stayed on TOTW.. it was too rich for him and I had to take him off of it. Now he is on Chicken Soup and is doing well... It's cheaper and a high quality food.. I just don't like feeding him something that has grains :( They are good quality grains though.. so I feel a bit better about it. I am finding out that finding the right food is sometimes difficult. Hopefully we have it figured out.. for now anyways. Good luck on your search.. You can check out dogfoodanalysis.com for food reviews.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Totw is a lot more expensive where I live. And a lot harder to get. I think canidae is the totw where I am.
Idk but I was really impressed with the fact that its good for all life stages. :) my cooper is on nutro natural choice(which is all I've ever fed besides blue buffalo) and he likes it but he eats soo much. He eats about 5 cup and drinks a couple gallons worth of food a day. Lol. But HE IS a growing puppy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you feed an all life stages formula, there is no need to give special foods based on age (puppy, senior, etc.). If the food agrees with all of your dogs, you only need to buy one :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Exactly. And I don't feed all life stages rite now I feed nutro and they don't have an all life stages so I feed 2 different kinds of food. I want to get on canidae or something like it so I DON'T have to buy multiple bags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts