Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some more pics of Lucy. She is 8 weeks old. You might be able to tell she has thinned out in only a couple days. We really do feed her, I promise. :lol:  We are taking her to the vet tomorrow so we'll see what's up.

Two days ago when we brought her home

These are from today

She was very feisty today lol

See the ribbyness?

Sorry so many and thanks for looking!

·
Registered
211 Posts
What a sweetie pie!  I love her all snuggled up to your son :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
What a cutie, what are you feeding, how many meals and how much?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Awww ... Lucy is beautiful - agreed - the pic with her and your son sleeping in your sig is too cute!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are feeding her Nutro Max Puppy about three times a day. I offer it more often but she doesn't eat much more than this. She only eats about a total of 3/4 cup a day. I have to hand feed some to her or put some on the carpet. Anything to get her to eat when she doesn't seem particularly hungry.

Her stools seem ok and she seems to be acting normal for a puppy. Is there something I can give her to fatten her up a bit that won't give her diarrhea?

·
Registered
696 Posts
She's sooo cute!! I miss the puppy days! :love:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
She may not really like the food (you could moisten a bit with a low salt broth to make it taste better), you may want to feed some peanut butter (natural kind has less sugar) and maybe mix some bananas in it.  I believe that others have added cottage cheese, start with a little bit and see how she does.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Congrats on the new puppy, she is soo cute, I love her little toes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Barbs2Ks\";p=\"123745 said:
She may not really like the food (you could moisten a bit with a low salt broth to make it taste better), you may want to feed some peanut butter (natural kind has less sugar) and maybe mix some bananas in it.  I believe that others have added cottage cheese, start with a little bit and see how she does.
Thank you! I just tried the low salt chicken broth and she gobbled down almost 1/2 cup of food!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And thanks for the compliments, everyone!

She was from a pretty litter. There was an almost all white one, a CUTE flashy fawn, and a few other really cute fawns. She was only one with a black face and I just thought she was so cute.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Did you change what the breeder was feeing her?

Dont worry about her ribs showing too much.  Some boxer puppies look like this until they start to fill out some.  Piper is 4 months and you can see her ribs...and trust me, she eats!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Awww what a pretty little girl! Congrats!
The picture in your sig of her and your son is so precious!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
She is sooooo cute! By the way when I got Roxy, she was 8 weeks too, there were days she WOULD NOT eat!! I was told it was normal a healthy dog wont starve itself!! But Roxy was one of the pickiest eaters ever lmao we went through seriously 8 diff foods and finally found one when she was 2 years old that she would eat! Ribby isnt all that bad for a boxer. They are a lean breed. But just go get her checked out at the vet make sure there isnt anything wrong like worms or something!

PS your son is sooooo freagin adorable with that mohawk :wink: I gave one to Rowelin the other day and couldnt stop laughing!!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Ohmygoodness--she is just stunning. (Your baby boy is a doll, by the way!!) And I LOVE her name...LUUUUUCY!!!!  :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts