Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
She is a lovely girl... :) I like how expressive her face is.....Looks like it was some stiff competition....

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
She is absolutely Stunning!  :D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
RainBosmom\";p=\"43342 said:
She is a beautiful girl....

Do boxers have to have their ears down to be in shows?
They do not have to be done, however most people that show their dogs choose to get them done. From the shows i have seen (which only include the ones on tv :) ) i very rarely see a dog without the ears cropped

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone. I like her

She did pretty good at the show, I was happy.
One day she didn't even get looked at because she is (gasp) Plain.
The other days she made the cut, but was too busy looking  for me (hiding ringside).
She placed thrid in her class on the last day.

No, its no longer necessary to crop (I do believe in this choice). Unfortunately, there are still "old school" judges that can't or won't overlook it. It will take a while, but the uncropped will get the recognition they deserve too.

Sometimes I think showing a plain is just as tough as uncropped. Not everyone appreciates them.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think it is a matter of personal taste.  I personally prefer uncropped ears.  The Boxer with uncropped ears appears goofy, laid back, and aloof, a clownish appearance...... The boxer with cropped ears appears much more stern, regal, and fierce, a guard dog appearance... (Personal opinion only... Nobody get mad at me here....)  All boxers are beautiful.  I think it depends on which look each of us prefers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts