Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got him last night... I am a little sad because it doesn't look like the people that had him fed him much.  He's a little on the skinny side.  We're going to the vet today for a puppy check, so that's good.  He's in heaven with his chew bone right now.  He's been very well behaved.  

Anyone know if we can get chew bones at Costco??  Any particular ones you recommend?  He's chewing on a Booda Bimple Bone now...

·
Registered
494 Posts
He is soo cute and look REALLY happy.  Not sure about chew bones but I do know they sell dog biscuits, but they were giving my two terrible gas so we quit them......but each Costco is different sometimes.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Oh how sweet!  How much does he weigh?  How old is he?  Pups go through stages of looking really thin because they run off every bit of calories they take in.
I've never been in a Costco, so I don't know what they have.  We had good luck with Nylabone chew toys.  They make ones just for puppies.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Awww!!! he is adorable.  :D  Good luck at the vets today.  Welcome home Porter!!!!!!  :dance:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Ya, that's too thin.  Henry was 20 pounds at 15 weeks and he was really skinny.  But he came from a shelter after being on the road for a month!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
he may have worms and that is why he is skinny so make sure to take a poop sample with you to the vet to test. if that is the case he will gain weight when they are gone. he is cute. I like bully sticks as chews for maverick because he never liked any of the others...sorry i guess that isnt much help. I heard nylabones were good too but he didnt like it.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Cute puppy! He doesn't LOOK too thin from the pics, though it is hard to tell.  Going by weight doesn't mean much because boxers can vary so much in height and build.  Felix went through several "ribby" stages as well were he didn't feel like eating a lot, but got taller and leaner.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I really like that name.  I always wanted to call my next boxer Cooper but somehow Kris talked me into Rocky.   :roll:

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Hes a real sweetie pie! Good luck at the vets, and dont worry it wont take long for you to fatten him up a bit. :D

Good luck with your new fur baby :D

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Welcome home Porter!! Can't wait to hear more about him and see more pictures as he settles in.
Good luck at the vet!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts