Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Pictures of the new pup and a Question near the bottom of pg

3K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  BxrLv22 
#1 ·
So I ended up taking pictures today! I wasn't going to, but I really wanted some pictures to look at before he comes home ;).

He comes home next saturday, and as you will see with the pictures he is still a very happy and very healthy puppy! He is finally out of the woods! I can not believe it, what a scare!

come on! put that camera down and play with me!

See less See more
#8 ·
Re: YAY! I got pictures today! :)

Oh my goodness, he is a cutie for sure...Look at those paws! And he's got some attitude as well....Wow, just one more week and he will be home.... :)

#10 ·

Izzy\";p=\"50069 said:
He is sooooooo CUTE!!!

I don't know if you have already posted it and I missed it or not.....Have you decided on a name?
:) I actually LOVE Alex... It was the first thing that came to mind when I first saw him all those weeks ago... But then again I also like Liam, Conner, and Cassius (Cash-us)-- cash for short. But every time I see him I just want to call him alex.

So I went out about 4 weeks ago to see how he was doing (before all of the previous events happened-- and ill tell ya what I always made sure to wash up real well before I got there.... just in case-- but I guess some things are just meant to happen), anyway I thought he might be able to get my scent and possibly remember me... I thought that hopefully it would make the homecoming a little easier...

Well today when I went over to his pen, he was sleeping with all his siblings. I called his name (which the breeder has named him a name that Im not going to keep so I only use it when Im there lol) but when I did that, his little head popped right up! Then he got up and was the only pup to just run as fast as his little legs could go to get over to the side! He then proceeded to jump up to get as close to me as he could! Oh My Goodness it made me so happy! Then after we were done with our visit, the siblings were of course up by now lol (im sure they were thinking "well he gets to go play!!! why not me!!!") So I put him in and he goes and plays with his little friends. I put my hand back in, and of course one of his little buddies comes over to me, and what does my lil guy do? He jumps on top of them when they try to jump up to me, and pushes them down... only to proceed to jump up after me so that he was the only one I was allowed to pet lol (Now I do not know if this is a good thing, or a bad thing....

#11 ·

samsonsmom\";p=\"50052 said:
Oh my goodness, he is a cutie for sure...Look at those paws! And he's got some attitude as well....Wow, just one more week and he will be home.... :)
My goodness I know! I cant believe it!!

hahahaha and it's funny you mention the attitude! I've noticed that in every group picture I see, he's the only one that is standing proud kinda looking around. Its like he stops, looks around, then goes "ok, you are all safe, lets play!" hahahahaha He's like the older brother that makes sure the younger sisters are always safe lol!

#12 ·

I love the name Alex...I think you should go with it. He looks like an Alex.

Yes...it could have been an allergic reaction. Difficulty breathing also goes along with certain types of allergic reaction.

What part of Virginia are you flying to?
I live in Bedford, Virginia  :D

#13 ·

[quote="Izzy\";p=\"50074":kfmf12cw]I love the name Alex...I think you should go with it. He looks like an Alex.

Yes...it could have been an allergic reaction. Difficulty breathing also goes along with certain types of allergic reaction.

What part of Virginia are you flying to?
I live in Bedford, Virginia

#14 ·

What a sweety, I love the little face. He looks like a big boy. How much does he weigh?

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

Ekim and Delila think he is very cute to.

#15 ·

lulu\";p=\"50081 said:
What a sweety, I love the little face. He looks like a big boy. How much does he weigh?

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

Ekim and Delila think he is very cute to.
oh my goodness your two are just gorgeous!

when he was either 6 or 7 weeks he was 7lbs 15oz although he seems to have grown just a little bit-- but he will definitely be a big boy :-D

I have a question that I would love anyone to answer if they can? It would appear as though I have a flea infestation (I think the person that rented this place before me had a dog or cat... either way they are all over the kitchen which I do not like at all!)

But what should I do? I told the apartment complex, and I was told the pest guy comes every 2 weeks in the winter. His second week would be put at this wed, but with thanksgiving and all I don't know if he will be working. That means when I bring my pup home the apt is already going to be full of fleas, and we don't see the vet until the following monday (the 26th) when I will be able to ask about front line.

is this a bad situation to bring a puppy into? Im just a nervous mommy lol

and gross now im starting to get all itchy lol I need to stop talking about them. (they are just gross, and everywhere!--- i moved in about 3 weeks ago, but didn't think there were as many as there are, and thought they were gnats--- which of course i thought would croak after the cold hit....) it would appear as though the eggs that I did not know existed hatched, and yea... gross. These things don't turn into people lice do they?

#18 ·
Re: Pictures of the new pup and a Question near the bottom o

As for the flea issue, I would talk to your vet to see what kind of flea bombs are ok.  Then take care of the problem, constant vaccum before the little guy gets to your place.  

I would also keep track of all expenses you incurred to clean up the issue and see if your complex will reimburse you.   Typically the complex should have gone thru the place a-z and made sure it was clean and pest free.  If they dont offer to pay for the cleanup, or if they delay it, I would just do it myself, and chase them on it later.

Last thing you want to do it bring a pup into fleas.   That alone can be a nightmare.   Good Luck and he is a cutie!!

#19 ·

He is a real cutie! I like the name Alex as well. Heathers advice was good, if it were me I'd want all the fleas gone before bringing a puppy home. I can only imagine the nightmare that would be! Our cats had fleas once (3 of them) and it was just insane trying to get rid of them.

Good luck with everything!! Can't wait to see pics of him when you bring him home :)

#20 ·

I think Alex suits him, he is just soo adorable and what a great story about how he came to you right off...Definitely call your vet, get a couple bombs to set off now. That way you can vacuum well and get everything cleaned before you bring Alex home.

#21 ·

I agree with getting a handle on the fleas before he comes home and you have the perfect chance to do it because you are already set to go out of town.  

The best route is to use foggers and the best ones will contain things to kill fleas, ticks, flea eggs, and larvae.  So you want to look at the label and make sure that it says either PRECOR Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) or Permethrin!!!! Very important it has that. I can say that I know Adams and SentryHome are good ones and I think they are at PetsMart.  Good foggers are not cheap so this is one place you got to spend a little more.....

Vac your floors really good and throw the bag away, turn up the air so it is not kicking on while the foggers are going but will come on later, set the foggers off one per room/room area (kitchen...LVRM/DR/Hall.....Bedrooms) so unless you are in a huge apartment I would think you would need about 4....Set them off, leave your house for at least 2 to 3 hours (or while you are gone) and then when you come home vac again really well and throw your vac cleaner bag away again.....So you will need your foggers and a new vac bag!!!!!

The above foggers are safe for Pups and you really do not have to worry so much about that since you dont have him home already.  The main thing with foggers and pets is people letting them come into the home before it is dry.  So, with you going out of town and not having him yet, it is a perfect time :)

They were probably not seeing fleas when they were cleaning your apartment.  They get it all clean, turn the AC off and wait for someone to rent it.  While the AC is off it gets hot and that jump starts the flea eggs, they hatch and there you go.....
I would not wait on the apartments.  My sister is a regional manager for people who own apartments and I can tell you that they generally pay the least amount they can for bug service. The general things they spray for are not fleas... that is a special spray or they set of foggers while the apartment is empty and they charge the manager an additional fee to do it....So I say do it yourself and ask if you can take it off the rent, they probably wont let you but it worth asking and like I said if you want it done right, do it yourself!!!!!  

Hope that helps some!!!!!!

G
#22 ·

I would tell ur landlord that you will not pay thw rent until they get rid of the fleas...it is their responsibility to rent a clean and bug free apartment...

#24 ·

aquagirl900\";p=\"50124 said:
I would tell ur landlord that you will not pay thw rent until they get rid of the fleas...it is their responsibility to rent a clean and bug free apartment...
haha thats a good idea, saying I just moved in with NO pets--- so it didn't come from me! lol (and i moved out of a house with NO pets)

Im gonna go back down there tomorrow to see if the pest guy is working this wed, and tell them how urgent the situation is. If that doesn't work Im going to look into bug bombs, and I would probably set it up right before I head out to the airport.

Now the only thing I worry about are the fumes traveling through the air ducts, and into other apartments. We have individual air conditioning/ heating units in our apartments, every apartment is equipped with one. So I don't know if that means it will only be circulated around MY apartment and my apartment alone. (Im hoping it does? anyone know?) I can tell you I have yet to smell cigarettes, candles, food, pretty much I have yet to smell anything from any other apartments. I just, you know, dont want to be responsible for making anyone sick.....

Thanks for all the help guys!!!! man you all were right when I first joined! this place is SOOOOOOOO helpful!

#25 ·

I love the name Alex, it seems to suit him.  Hope you have luck with the apartment getting rid of the fleas for you.

#26 ·

He sure is sweet!! Alex is a good name. Just looks like it fits!! As far as the flea situation, I have used ORTHO Home defense indoor insect killer. It is made with pure orange peel and orange extract. It worked for us, you might give it a try. I have also heard that cyanne pepper sprinkled on carpet works also, don't know about that, never tried it! Good luck with getting rid of the fleas, and lots of love to the pup!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.