Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday that maverick had what looked like a pimple above his right eye. The vet had told us to express the pimples and clean the area so Travis tried to do that but nothing came out...it didnt hurt to the touch or anything but it is about the size of half a pea if that makes sense..it is small but noticeable basically. When he was younger he had a hystiosytoma (sp?) on his ear which the vet said would clear up on its own and it did..this thing kind or looks like that. It does look a bit red...what could it be?

I will try and post a picture later

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
If you can post a pic that would help but a histiocytoma will go into a regression by itself within three months. They can sometimes be itchy. You can remove them depending on the location but generally only if they are causing a problem..... but, since they do go away on their own, leaving the growth alone is very reasonable as long as you know that is what it is.....Being by the eye and depending on if it is upper or lower lid it could also be an infected hair...Post a pic if you can....

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pm'd you pictures because travis didnt want maverick's ugly pimple posted on the internet

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LMAO i was posting it but he caught me and was like...dont embarrass my dog! haha...ill post it another time when he isnt around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts