Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, it's been awhile since I have been able to get on line.  Summer time is the busiest time for me.  Anyhow, got a small problem... My Sheba broke out with what looks like 2 zits, yes pimples on her upper lip.  They almost look like fever blisters..  When she plays too rough they will pop and bleed for a bit, she is not in pain.  I don't want to push the panic button yet, I grew up with a boxer a long time ago, so I am a new boxer mom, sheba is 2 years old and we have had her since she was a puppy.  I have not noticed these (zits) before and she just got them last week.  Does anyone know what these are??  Are they common to boxers?? Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks :roll:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hmmm. . . Not sure then. . . Usually puppies will go through this type of "teenage acne" stage, but since your girl is two, she should be past that.

Maybe it's just gotten out of control? Have you tried cleaning it with some sort of astringent, like Witch Hazel? I would try doing this after each meal for a week or two, seeing if that doesn't clear it up and then wait and see if it comes back.

Good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know this is an old post, but if you are still having this problem, it might be helpful.  My boxer Chance had pimples on his face for the longest time.  We tried everything, we changed his diet, took away plastic toys, etc. etc.  Our regular vet had told us it could be seasonal allergies and never really gave us a straight answer.  We eventually took him to a new vet and she prescribed some antibiotics for a staph infection.  She also told us to gently wash his face with an acne wash every day.  After 2 weeks all his pimples were gone and they have not returned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear I think you r suffering from Pimple Popping problem ....Firstly u should clean ur mouth regularly and drink a lots of water........u can use honey on ur mouth.... avoid eating oily foods and use vegetables in ur food....u should continue this process only for 15 days after face will be previos one..:dance::clap2:>:D<

1 - 7 of 7 Posts