Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone can help me out?
The last couple days Jaxon has had these little pus pimples come up over his back. I've only found two that were actually pus filled, some are just lumps without any redness and majority of them have turned into scabs within a day. I'm noticing where the lumps are he's losing his hair in little patches (explains why I've had to brush him so many times a day the last few days!)
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I was hoping not to have to go to the vet as we've been at the vet at least once a week for the last 2 months for other problems.
I've bought Pet Head 'Life's an Itch' shampoo which has stopped the itching.
Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Should I mention that Jaxon is 7 months? :)

·
Super Moderator
6,981 Posts
Its so hard to say what it could be. Bug bites, mites, allergies? If he gets any more hair loss I would definitely take him into the vets. Sounds like poor Jaxon is going through a bit of a rough patch :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh poor Jaxon! I'd take him in ASAP...some case of mange can present that way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies! :)
Jaxon's been going through a rough time pretty much since I got him. Between allergies to bee stings (which he loves to play with them!!!), diarrhea for almost 2 months which we've just found out was caused by our next door neighbours fruit tree (he loves fruit), a very snotty nose and now this!! He's definitely put a strain on my bank account lol but he's worth every cent! I got pet insurance a little too late and due to the waiting period I havent recieved anything back :(
Dad's taken him to our beach house for a little holiday. He's loving it there!! His lumps have disappeared but still planning on taking him to the vet this week. Maybe the salt water has helped or perhaps he's allergic to something here in our backyard.... Oh boy!
Fingers crossed everything clears up soon and hopefully this rough patch will be over!!
Despite of everything, in true boxer tradition, he is still running around like a clown no matter how sick he's been lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts