Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a question for a friend of mine. She has a boxer that i believe recently turned 3 .She took her boxer to the vet and was informed that she had a pinched nerve and was given meds for it. Has anyone ever had a boxer with a pinched nerve? how long does this take to heal, or is it something that will bother the dog off and on for the rest of her life? the vet apparently was a little vague with my friend so she is going for a second opinion, but cant get in til next week. Does anyone have experience or know anything about this? Any info would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
A colleague of mine had a dog [not a Boxer] with a pinched nerve in the back.  His was quite bad though and ended up having an op.  Back surgery is quite pricey.  However it was a great success and the dog was and is terrific after it.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I had one that had it once.  They gave her a shot of some sort of muscle relaxer and she was fine thereafter.  Hopefully will be o.k. without the surgery.  I also use accupunture and chiropractic on my dogs and that would be a thought.  Problem is that vet's that do this are just not easy to find.

Nano

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt think about acupuncture. i worked with a vet that does it so it is a little easier for me to maybe set up an appointment with that. Great idea nano thanks !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts