Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Re: Pinced spine nerve??

It would be nice to know what caused the pinched nerve.  Was there trauma?  Is there a muscle spasm pulling the spine out of place?  How about come congenital defect in the spine or surrounding areas?  Your vet should have told you what was causing the problem and proposed some solution to fix it.  The chiropractor (just like in humans) is just going to cover up the cause of the problem and tell you to come back and give him more money.  If your vet can't tell you what the cause is, get a second opinion and find someone who can propose a fix to what is causing a pinched nerve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

thank you for your quick reply.
I don't know how she got a pinced nerve. No trauma or anything like that?  This was noticed about a year ago.
She was limping and having problems getting off the bed whenever she finished a nap?
I have to do more research and speak to other vets.  some vets are really not that realible.
thank you again. I'll keep you posted.
 :idea:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

Generally a pinched nerve in the back or neck does not cause limping.  Are you sure this is not arthritis?  With a neck or spinal pinch they usually are slow to walk around, but do so on all four legs, they will hold the neck/head down and sometimes have a curve or c shape to the back.  I agree that Chiro's are not the long term answer they are good for short term relief.  I would do some investigation to find out if you are dealing with arthritis and if so there are many good routes to take that would help such as OTC products like Gyco Flex III and veterinary products like Rimadyl or Previcox.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

Welcome to the forum, so sorry Cinnimin is having problems.  Really wish that I had some suggestions but I can't help.  I am sure that someone else on the forum will be able to help or give you some things to try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts