Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey boxer owners,

I'm looking at a flashy fawn puppy at 6 weeks that has a pink nose with a little bit of black.  How likely is it that his nose will turn all black when he gets older?  What are your experiences?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
The pink may fade some, or be overtaken with the black, but some will probably stay..I always thought it looked cute.Samson has a little pink spot on his and Angel does as well.....

You found a pup? How cool....Just an after thought, I would recomend waiting til the pup is at least 8 wks before bringing home...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's kinda cute too but the wife prefers a fully black nose.  We found a "potential" breeder with puppies at the moment.  They're only 5 weeks old right now so they're not ready to go home just yet.  We're still doing our homework and asking the breeder questions about the parents, temperments, etc.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Usually the noses will be pink and as they get older it will turn black. Reese's nose used to be pink but it isnt anymore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our Riggs has a speckled nose, it has grown blacker as he's grown older. I think you have a better chance for pink noses when the dog has a white mask instead of black because of the pigment. I guess if you're looking at a puppy with a white mask then the chances of his nose staying pink would be higher.
Here's our "speckled boy" lol
3weeks old:

Today:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mia's was completely pink and now its all black...

·
Registered
46 Posts
[quote="slobound\";p=\"32909":mnymiug7]Hey boxer owners,

I'm looking at a flashy fawn puppy at 6 weeks that has a pink nose with a little bit of black.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fantastic!!!  Thanks for all the comments and replies about your experiences.  I think my wife will be much happier knowing this =)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ziggi did the same thing....almost all pink, then speckled with black and now almost all black.  He does have a couple of pink spots but they are really small!  One of the reasons we picked him was his cute spoted nose!  :D

here is a puppy picture and a picture from last week.  he is 18 months now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts